Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I installed a video doorbell today, all by myself, including some (sloppy) wood carving to remove some bevel for flush mounting. It feels like I achieved something tremendous and deserve a major award (pat on the back from my wife, who's been bugging me for months to install it)
1716054737805.png

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
@Bucknekked—I didn't even get the pat on the back. :( It turns out the better half somehow expected the doorbell camera to come in paired with yet another outside-facing camera looking in a wholly different direction.
Now, I have to shop for another outdoor video camera and figure out how to mount/connect it.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
@Bucknekked—I didn't even get the pat on the back. :( It turns out the better half somehow expected the doorbell camera to come in paired with yet another outside-facing camera looking in a wholly different direction.
Now, I have to shop for another outdoor video camera and figure out how to mount/connect it.
I feel your pain.

Amcrest and Eufy have both been good. I have them plugged into Frigate for people detection. Good stuff for the money.

I don't have to tell you this, but anyone else should block their camera's access to the internet.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I feel your pain.

Amcrest and Eufy have both been good. I have them plugged into Frigate for people detection. Good stuff for the money.

I don't have to tell you this, but anyone else should block their camera's access to the internet.
This is the exact reason I bought Reolink. It doesn't require internet access. I added an SD card for local recording, and its hardware had people detection built in. I haven't configured it yet; it also should work with any on-prem ONVIF-capable IP NVR, so there is no need for cloud subscriptions.
As far as video quality, this is my second Reolink camera. The first was an E1 Pro, which has an awesome daylight image but a terrible night image. This Reolink doorbell is very good both day and night. Too bad it doesn't include fisheye correction.
Apparently Frigate can do the fisheye correction with some tweaking - https://www.reddit.com/r/frigate_nvr/comments/12c5xn3 Maybe I should consider switching to Frigate, as my QVR Pro has had some issues recently.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
This is the exact reason I bought Reolink. It doesn't require internet access. I added an SD card for local recording, and its hardware had people detection built in. I haven't configured it yet; it also should work with any on-prem ONVIF-capable IP NVR, so there is no need for cloud subscriptions.
As far as video quality, this is my second Reolink camera. The first was an E1 Pro, which has an awesome daylight image but a terrible night image. This Reolink doorbell is very good both day and night. Too bad it doesn't include fisheye correction.
Apparently Frigate can do the fisheye correction with some tweaking - https://www.reddit.com/r/frigate_nvr/comments/12c5xn3 Maybe I should consider switching to Frigate, as my QVR Pro has had some issues recently.
I've barely scratched the surface of what frigate can really do, but people detection is pretty spot on out of the box. I want to do more with it, but time isn't with me. It works quite well on all the cameras I've had over the years. It has direct integration with Home Assistant too, which is nice for notifications and automations.

I should have bought the Reolink doorbell, but I went with Eufy before reading that even though rtsp was promised, it has yet to show up. Not thrilled with that, but it works OK out of the box for people detection.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Got a lot of spare time to kill?
Not anymore. Been back to hangin' and bangin' for about a month.

Even with pain meds I'm hurtin' for certain. Commercial cement board comes in 5/8"x4'x8' man sized sheets. Lovely stuff. Now I'm headed in for the time and a half Saturday love.

And I'm down to about 225 lbs. That makes things easier but I'm hungry all the time. It's almost like I can pass for an able bodied person. I hope they don't see through my sham of ability.

I gotta go do this.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
No, it's intended to sound that way.

Effin bedtime for real. 4 hours sleep is going to be enough. I'm certain of it.
You must not need much. Anything less than 8 for me and I start feeling it.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Not anymore. Been back to hangin' and bangin' for about a month.

Even with pain meds I'm hurtin' for certain. Commercial cement board comes in 5/8"x4'x8' man sized sheets. Lovely stuff. Now I'm headed in for the time and a half Saturday love.

And I'm down to about 225 lbs. That makes things easier but I'm hungry all the time. It's almost like I can pass for an able bodied person. I hope they don't see through my sham of ability.

I gotta go do this.
It's a hard knock life... be careful out there!

I weighed myself at 218 this morning. You are a bit taller than I am. You have to be getting pretty sexy again...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It's a hard knock life... be careful out there!

I weighed myself at 218 this morning. You are a bit taller than I am. You have to be getting pretty sexy again...

That's pretty early in the morning to be weighing yourself. :p

I'm trying to keep myself at (or below) 158 lbs, which is the high end of the healthy weight range for me, at 5'8".

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
That's pretty early in the morning to be weighing yourself. :p

I'm trying to keep myself at (or below) 158 lbs, which is the high end of the healthy weight range for me, at 5'8".
I'm getting upscale too but still below 158lbs at 5'7"

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Sterophile.com just posted the review of the WiiM Amp from this past month. For some odd reason the measurement section is not posted. And in JA's words "Overall the measurements for both analog and digital inputs is excellent, which I found astonishing considered its 299 price point."

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Sterophile.com just posted the review of the WiiM Amp from this past month. For some odd reason the measurement section is not posted. And in JA's words "Overall the measurements for both analog and digital is excellent, which I found astonishing considered its 299 priice point."
Thanks, I'll have that review out.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Need to go back to work to recover from the July 4th holiday...

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
It is today 13 years since the insane terror attack in Oslo and Utøya outside Oslo.
77 people were killed, mostly teenagers.....

One day I look out the window at home and see the most peaceful country in the world
The next morning I look out the same window and I can only see death, blood, murdered teenagers from the age 14 and up.

A friend of mine from Stavanger lost his Niese aged 16, she was killed while swimming trying to get away from the Island to safety.

This is in Bergen, after the event..... here were personal letters to Silje Stamneshagen, from school-mates at high school who were never gonna meet their beloved friend again, I never seen more flowers, I never seen more candles, I never seen so many people heartbroken in tears, the whole city center of Bergen was flourishing with the smell of flowers and candles!

From the royal-court 3 years ago

These are the victims:

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis