Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Well you could always give it to me and I promise to do as many naughty things as your credit limit allows :)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
It's facebook's new policy because they're under intense scrutiny because internal documents show that possibly something like 83 million accounts are fakes or duplicates.

Midsize Insider: Facebook to Close Down Millions of Accounts
I think Facebook is taking itself a little too seriously. It's an internet social site...not the FBI. I will never provide them copies of such information. Come to think of it, I wouldn't provide my passport to the police unless I were under arrest and they provided a warrant or to the FBI unless I were under arrest in the US. I will gladly provide my passport to Homeland Security when crossing the border to or from the US.

It's not like I have anything invested in it. I was a Facebook member for 48hrs before getting shut down.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Well it's not really FB per se. It's their stockholders. Their stock price has been plummeting as more and more issues arise and the fact that so many duplicate and fake accounts have slipped through the cracks isn't good for FB. It means that advertisers are reaching ~83million fewer people than they thought. It also shows stockholders that FB might not have it as together as everyone thought so they might dump their stock, which explains the plummet.

83 million is also only an estimate based on percentages of samples taken. It could be even more, although possibly less. A lower number seems less likely at this point.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I guess this explains why we don't see Adwilk hamging around much anymore.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/YCiY1y3uJ3o?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/YCiY1y3uJ3o?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

spending all of his free time on Chatroulette.

Well, that was an hour wasted.

Signed,
Adam
Alex &
Doug
:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I bought a cable adapter from a third party merchant on Amazon, and they offered to send me a free 6' HDMI cable if I wrote a review for the adapter. Heck, I was happy to do that - the adapter worked great. Very nice of them to send me an HDMI cable...but I already have plenty of extras. :)

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
I got a free $10 giftcard to Amazon for renting a car while on business travel. Win!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I blew the dust out of my computer to see if it would make the fans quieter. Nope. A bit more investigation is needed, but it's time to go do some yard work.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
Hey, Craig - how are things going?
a bit better. my dad let me come home for now... until he flips out again but im gonna be prepared for that now...

bugs are better and a bit worse... we are finally winning the war on them but i had an unpleasant awakening this morning.. a bun on my pillow.. an inch from my face. so today is ruined but he decided to show himself while i was typing this so i killed him... i hope... i saw one in my window this morning too... sprayed him and then he disappeared. i hope it was the same one. there eggs are also hatching now. none in my room this year thank god. the babies are even worse, they dont fly but they are tiny and there are tons of them.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Craig, I'm glad that you're back home. Really, man. I hope that you and yours can work things out.

I can't convince you that the bugs mean you no harm - you've got to come to that yourself. I know that I had to.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Just bought an HK 3490 for 150 shipped via amazon warehouse. I saw the deal and couldn't refuse it :D

Now all I have to do is sell my TX-SR705...

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
Craig, I'm glad that you're back home. Really, man. I hope that you and yours can work things out.

I can't convince you that the bugs mean you no harm - you've got to come to that yourself. I know that I had to.
yeah but they are still very annoying. my neighbor likes to avoid stepping on ants. he rescues centipedes from his shower with his bare hands. he gets pissed if i intentionally kill a bee.. but he doesnt mind when we kill the maple bugs.. the way he sees it is ants, centipedes, bees etc. mean no harm to us and really they arent much of a pest really. they dont inconvenience us most of the time. but he has seen the maple bugs. sure they dont really do any damage but he himself agrees they are quite annoying. i suppose i would rather not have to kill them but removing the tree doesnt seem to be an option.. you know i dont really like to kill bugs at all. but maple bugs... i just hate them...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Just bought an HK 3490 for 150 shipped via amazon warehouse. I saw the deal and couldn't refuse it :D

Now all I have to do is sell my TX-SR705...
Congratulations! That's a great deal.

Now, just drive to Rhode Island and wave that Onkyo in front of Alex. :D
It's not nice to exploit my weakness in public like this but ... how much? :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I'm awake. Went to Musikfest in Bethlehem Pa yesterday. We have gone with another couple for the past three years. Don't think we'll go next year. Didn't seem to be as many performers as in the past...

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis