Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I can only offer the same advice I gave my kids, which is "shut the hell up and do what you have to do."

Shutting the hell up and doing what you have to do is good for free room and board. Anything over and above that is bonus. Start killing bugs = bonus. Clean the stairway = bonus. Clean the rabbit cage = bonus.

Life as a teenager isn't that hard if you follow the rules, which are shut the hell up and do what you have to do.
Man, that is just about the meaning of life, teenage or otherwise. Unless of course the answer is 42.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I think you're making this too complicated. The first part usually enough ... "shut up". ;)
Yeah that's something everyone must master.

When a cop pulls you over.

When your boss tells you off for something you didn't do.

When your wife gets mad at you.

Also learning to say your sorry even when it's the other person's fault is helpful.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I can only offer the same advice I gave my kids, which is "shut the hell up and do what you have to do."

Shutting the hell up and doing what you have to do is good for free room and board. Anything over and above that is bonus. Start killing bugs = bonus. Clean the stairway = bonus. Clean the rabbit cage = bonus.

Life as a teenager isn't that hard if you follow the rules, which are shut the hell up and do what you have to do.
Funny, that's the same advice I give to mine. Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to and doing them makes you a stronger person. It is a part of life.

majorloser

majorloser

Yeah that's something everyone must master.

When a cop pulls you over.

When your boss tells you off for something you didn't do.

When your wife gets mad at you.

Also learning to say your sorry even when it's the other person's fault is helpful.
Eventually I end up throwing a couple GFY's in there sooner or later. I just never learn tact and diplomacy. :eek:

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I suppose we build a supercomputer to find out that question
And name it The Earth?

Here are a few interesting facts, and a hypothesis.

-The book is mainly about finding the ultimate question to life the universe and everything, to which we all know that the answer is 42.

-In the third book, So Long and Thanks for All the Fish, they mention that there are three main questions to the universe.

1) Why do we eat?

2) How do we eat?

3) Where shall we have lunch.

-A giant computer, named Earth, was built to find the ultimate question.

-Here on Earth, there is a very large computer company called IBM.

-When I worked there, they had decided that the ultimate amount of time to take for lunch was 42 minutes. That's right, 42. Seems that an hour is too long, people slow down and it takes awhile to get back into working speed. 30 minutes was too short. No time for tea or a cigarette. So 42 it is.

It seems to me that if IBM, one of the largest computer companies on the computer called Earth, decided that the ultimate question is "how long should we take for lunch" then it fits right in with the "main questions" and must be the ultimate question to life the universe and everything.

I should have emailed Douglas Adams while he was still with us.

Last edited:
gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Yup, don't panic. A really great series of books. I think my favorite is #2, "The Resaraunt at the end of the Universe"
You've got a call? Who knows you're here?
Maybe it's the police.
They want to arrest you over the phone?
Could be. I'm a pretty cagey character when I'm cornered.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I have great respect for your memories.

Anymore, I'll sometimes forget why I walked into a room...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Somebody tried to hack my Facebook account. Well, either that, or I was transported to Poland by aliens and tried to post the experience to Facebook before being returned home and having my memory wiped. Hmmm, maybe they're the reason that I forget why I walk into rooms...

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I have great respect for your memories.

Anymore, I'll sometimes forget why I walked into a room...
I have done this many times. Sometimes I'll open a cabinet of fridge and forget what I was after. One time I tore my house apart looking for a lighter that was in my hand. Sad really.:eek:

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Somebody tried to hack my Facebook account. Well, either that, or I was transported to Poland by aliens and tried to post the experience to Facebook before being returned home and having my memory wiped. Hmmm, maybe they're the reason that I forget why I walk into rooms...
Maybe there are things you still don't remember. (cough.. probe cough..)

Last edited by a moderator:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I hear this is always sold out in RI...

http://cdn03.cdnwp.thefrisky.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/08/penis-food-meat-soup.jpg

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
And name it The Earth?

Here are a few interesting facts, and a hypothesis.

-The book is mainly about finding the ultimate question to life the universe and everything, to which we all know that the answer is 42.

-In the third book, So Long and Thanks for All the Fish, they mention that there are three main questions to the universe.

1) Why do we eat?

2) How do we eat?

3) Where shall we have lunch.

-A giant computer, named Earth, was built to find the ultimate question.

-Here on Earth, there is a very large computer company called IBM.

-When I worked there, they had decided that the ultimate amount of time to take for lunch was 42 minutes. That's right, 42. Seems that an hour is too long, people slow down and it takes awhile to get back into working speed. 30 minutes was too short. No time for tea or a cigarette. So 42 it is.

It seems to me that if IBM, one of the largest computer companies on the computer called Earth, decided that the ultimate question is "how long should we take for lunch" then it fits right in with the "main questions" and must be the ultimate question to life the universe and everything.

I should have emailed Douglas Adams while he was still with us.
Awesome. Perhaps the people that set the 42 minute lunch were fans as well? i.e. more of a joke than a coincidence?

You ever see either of the movies? The new one wasn't as good, but I really like Mos Def and think he did a great job. Actually, the old British one may have been a BBC series? It's been a long long time since I've seen it. But that old British one nailed it, I love British humor. There were several times in that series of books that I had to put the book down b/c I was laughing too hard. Those are still on my shelf to be reread one day.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Awesome. Perhaps the people that set the 42 minute lunch were fans as well? i.e. more of a joke than a coincidence?

You ever see either of the movies? The new one wasn't as good, but I really like Mos Def and think he did a great job. Actually, the old British one may have been a BBC series? It's been a long long time since I've seen it. But that old British one nailed it, I love British humor. There were several times in that series of books that I had to put the book down b/c I was laughing too hard. Those are still on my shelf to be reread one day.
Yeah I did see the new one. It wasn't up to the hype, but several people next to us at the theater couldn't stop laughing at the top of their lungs.:cool:
I saw some of the old one. Poor Marvin was a cardboard box painted silver. Was funny though.
I was an auto parts driver back in 1981/83. One of the places I delivered to was a company that also copied records. They had been sent the masters for the first two books on audio. They ran off a few thousand copies. I was given one of each. From that point on, I was hooked. Bought the other audio tapes, then the books. I even bought a book that includes the first 4 books, bound in leather with gold trim. When I first opened it, I noticed that it was upside down. I closed the book to see that it was right side up. I thought, that figures with this author. After checking the rest of the stock on that shelf, I found out that this was the only copy that was bound upside down. I had to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis