Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well.... Time to find somewhere to live. His stubbornness is at an all time high. I don't think 80cents can pay rent though
I guess that crazy Facebook girl that would let you sleep over isn't looking so bad now, huh? :D

Seriously, though, sorry that things are going rough. I don't know your situation, so I'm not going to encourage you to stay or leave. However, I'll say that the years have taught me that all things pass. Just be sure to think through the ramifications to either choice.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
I guess that crazy Facebook girl that would let you sleep over isn't looking so bad now, huh? :D

Seriously, though, sorry that things are going rough. I don't know your situation, so I'm not going to encourage you to stay or leave. However, I'll say that the years have taught me that all things pass. Just be sure to think through the ramifications to either choice.
I'm not allowed to stay.... :(

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Because of your dad? If so, and if you really wanted to stay, you certainly might be able to make it happen. If your dad is upset, then you could figure out why and try to change his mental state.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm taking today off from work. My audition sub is arriving today. Woohoo! :)

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

Because of your dad? If so, and if you really wanted to stay, you certainly might be able to make it happen. If your dad is upset, then you could figure out why and try to change his mental state.
Gettin' all Dr. Phil on us, Adam? :D

I can't get over the fact that you've been punted because you're afraid of bugs.:confused: Are you sure that's all it is? I know all families are different, but I find that awfully strange.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
Gettin' all Dr. Phil on us, Adam? :D

I can't get over the fact that you've been punted because you're afraid of bugs.:confused: Are you sure that's all it is? I know all families are different, but I find that awfully strange.
I was asked to change my rabbits litter pan, basement entrance was covered in bugs so I couldn't go down there, neither would my sister. So my dad comes home, flipps out. I tell him I have a phobia of the bugs so he tells me to get out because I never do any thing he tells me to do... He never tells me to do anythIng... And he ignores that I have been helpIng a disabled man by cutting his lawn and doing yard work for him.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I was watching the Olympics last night. (love the women's volleyball) This male gymnast gets on that one bar thing they do. He spins around it like crazy, let's go, flips in the air, twists like there's no tomorrow and then grabs the bar on the way down behind his back. I was thinking that no one can really be that good. Just then the announcer chimes in with, "Aawwwww he bent his elbow. That's a deduction. He's not going to be happy with his results."

Are they frickin' kidding me? Sure enough, that guy got 4th.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
Don't you guys have any form of "Child Services" up there? Turn him into them for failure to properly care for a minor.
From what I understand, once your 16 in Canada all of that stuff no longer applies to you. Once your 16 you can live on your own and your parents are allowed to kick you out of the house. I will do a bit of research on that though

majorloser

majorloser

From what I understand, once your 16 in Canada all of that stuff no longer applies to you. Once your 16 you can live on your own and your parents are allowed to kick you out of the house. I will do a bit of research on that though
Make the call yourself. Unless you have had a history with the courts as a "problem child", it would be damn tough to give up responsibility to a child.

Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect It’s Your Duty Your responsibilities under the Child and Family Services Act

There's got to be something in here that would apply:

Ontario Child Protection Tools Manual

I'm not a lawyer or a cop. But you should talk to somebody in a authority position ASAP.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Make the call yourself. Unless you have had a history with the courts as a "problem child", it would be damn tough to give up responsibility to a child.

Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect It’s Your Duty Your responsibilities under the Child and Family Services Act

There's got to be something in here that would apply:

Ontario Child Protection Tools Manual

I'm not a lawyer or a cop. But you should talk to somebody in a authority position ASAP.
I'd have a talk with the police myself, but your father is obviously not a stable person. I know it sucks to have a parent like that. My Mom is not stable either. You probably are capable of engineering if you are drawn to this forum. How good are you with websites and computer repair?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
How'd this turn out? I hope you're back in business.
Haha, as Adam has pointed out yes it worked so now it's all good.

And what the heck?? I don't check this for a a day or two and craig7 is out on the street and everyone's telling him to call CPS and go to the police over some bugs? :confused:

Leave you guys alone for two minutes and the world goes to sh!t :p

But seriously, hang in there craig

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I read those posts backwards back then and somehow forget the conclusion by the time I got to the problem ... I blame the 80's. Glad to hear you got it working ... again. :rolleyes: :D
Well at least it was the amp and it was simple, albeit a royal pain in the butt.

At least I didn't, ya know, drop that salk center or something :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Ahhhhhh...The 80's.:confused:

:D
The lost years ... high school in Calgary. Then a couple a years in Texas to punish myself. All to be wrapped up by several years working in TO so I could fund my extra curricular activities ... none of which were good btw.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I can only offer the same advice I gave my kids, which is "shut the hell up and do what you have to do."

Shutting the hell up and doing what you have to do is good for free room and board. Anything over and above that is bonus. Start killing bugs = bonus. Clean the stairway = bonus. Clean the rabbit cage = bonus.

Life as a teenager isn't that hard if you follow the rules, which are shut the hell up and do what you have to do.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I can only offer the same advice I gave my kids, which is "shut the hell up and do what you have to do."

Shutting the hell up and doing what you have to do is good for free room and board. Anything over and above that is bonus. Start killing bugs = bonus. Clean the stairway = bonus. Clean the rabbit cage = bonus.

Life as a teenager isn't that hard if you follow the rules, which are shut the hell up and do what you have to do.
I think you're making this too complicated. The first part usually enough ... "shut up". ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis