Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I wasn't kidding about the tree. There's still a lot left to do on it.

Niki went out for about five minutes, and luckily we saw those neighbors out walking one of their dogs. I apologized about the leaves getting into their pool and said that I was trimming the tree back, and they were really nice and told me that the leaves didn't bother them at all and not to worry about it. Started the morning with a d-bag neighbor conversation, ended it on a good one. :)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Originally Posted by Adam
So, you don't like meat covered in sauce? Noted. I'll be sure to warn you next time.
Next time?! Yeah, like you're getting a second date!.......Call me....:D:D
Did I mis the BBQ again?!:eek:
:cool:

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
About to stand up to an admin on the minecraft server. Very nervous.
Craig7 said:
Dear Nita
While I haven't seen anything set in stone yet, what I have heard so far doesn't sound good for s-e staff. I understand your intentions, they are good but your plan isnt going to work for most staff members. We are volunteers, we want to help the server because we care about it but we have lives outside of the server too. I'm not saying that you and vety don't but since you own the server, it is a much bigger part of your life than it is for the rest of staff. In my life I can't submit a schedule of every hour I can devote to the server because some days I may get sick, *just totally exhausted after school etc. most staff members are still in school or have jobs so we could definitely submit a schedule to you of when we aren't at school/work, but we still may not be available then due to other factors in our lives. Once again we are only volunteers. If we got paid then it would be ok to expect us to submit a schedule and work at least 16 hours a week, but we don't get paid and I can guess that there are no plans to ever pay lower staff. I could care less if I got paid, I love being a moderator and I help out when I can and as often as I can but hell, it's 9:44 am when I'm typing this and I don't even know what hours I can moderate later today. My life is very random, and many other staff members lives are too. Our current system is flawed because there are times when we have nobody whitelisting, and your plan could fix it if it would work, but it won't because most staff members aren't dedicated enough to make they're schedules revolve around the server and they just have unpredictable lives. If you think that we aren't suited to be on staff because we can't devote 4hours a day 4x a week then go ahead and remove us from staff. Then you will see what I am talking about. I can devote 2 hours a day every day and I'm sure most staff can but 4 may be pushing it. I very rarely *moderate 4hours or more except on the weekend and I know I'm not alone. Several staff members have contacted me about this expressing their concern and I'm sure many more are also worried. I'm usually a quiet guy but it seems someone needs to say something. Guess that's why I'm here. All I want is for you to rethink your plan. I wish you the best of luck as the new director of staff and I hope that you can help make staff a better and stronger team. But I really think you need to rethink your plan. Once again, I haven't seen anything in writing yet but what I've heard wont work.*

I apologize for any grammar mistakes or parts not making sense, this was typed on my iPod.*

If you want some suggestions that I think would work, contact me in vent, I've typed enough today.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
I got a 1964 quarter back as change from lunch today. I knew from the moment she handed it to me. It's got a certain ring to it :D

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
My god. My mp3s are discusting. Muddy as hell. Distorted. HOW HAVE I NOT HEARD THIS BEFORE. and I even heard it with my junky headphones.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh my I cannot stop laughing. Not saying it is ok but I just had two people in my office thinking I was having a breakdown.
Craig - Me and my manager has the same reaction, this is why i posted this in probably most obscure thread on AH forums

J

jamie2112

Banned
The flying cat had me spitting chicken corn chowder out my nose !!!!!!:eek:
TOO funny ...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers