Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Besides the people from south of us make...better women.
Holy ish - we can MAKE them?!? :eek: :D

(Btw, I'll forgive your remark, as you weren't with me in Toronto to see the waitress at the bar serving up Molson Dry on tap. Oh, sweet mother of all that is good and pure....)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
i should have expected that
Yep. :D

I don't know what carpet costs in Canada, but the cost is going to depend on if you want an area rug or wall-to-wall installed carpet. You should be able to pick up carpet remnants for not too much money, which work great if you just want to have carpet over a hardwood or concrete floor and don't need it installed. I did that in my college dorm room and it made a huge difference compared to the regular tile, and I didn't have a pad underneath. You can install wall-to-wall carpet yourself, but stretching it can be difficult without the proper equipment. Also, a good pad goes a long way - but they aren't normally cheap.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
Yep. :D

I don't know what carpet costs in Canada, but the cost is going to depend on if you want an area rug or wall-to-wall installed carpet. You should be able to pick up carpet remnants for not too much money, which work great if you just want to have carpet over a hardwood or concrete floor and don't need it installed. I did that in my college dorm room and it made a huge difference compared to the regular tile, and I didn't have a pad underneath. You can install wall-to-wall carpet yourself, but stretching it can be difficult without the proper equipment. Also, a good pad goes a long way - but they aren't normally cheap.
now that i think about it... my room is tiny o i could probably just use a big rug. but i just don't think it will be the same without the padding :( i think it will help my rooms horrible acoustics though

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
now that i think about it... my room is tiny o i could probably just use a big rug. but i just don't think it will be the same without the padding :( i think it will help my rooms horrible acoustics though
You can probably get padding remnants, too. Both come on rolls with a certain width, so there are leftovers when companies finish an installation. Some people keep the leftovers, some don't. So, companies often have some material that they'll sell for relatively cheap because they can't use it for a regular installation.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
... you weren't with me in Toronto to see the waitress at the bar serving up Molson Dry on tap.
That's a trip I would have liked going on. My dad lives up there and I haven't really seen the place for over 20 years. I visited twice but spent the time with family. Next time you go ... hollaaaaa. :)

Ouch! Now we're gettin' nasty!
The food's better ... :rolleyes: than what? ... Oklahoma?
Yeah, fine. Point taken. :D

It's safe to goof on somebody's food preferences, right?
I will not comment on the remark about women because ... I forgot why but I won't, okay? :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I got my new knife. Hmmm. I'm not immediately impressed, mostly because of the fit and finish. I've never felt compelled to sand the handle of a new knife before - but I actually did just that. Compared to my Shuns, the fit and finish are grade school level. However, it does have a more rustic vibe that I think I'll like once I smooth out the handle and put another coat of mineral oil on it.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That's a trip I would have liked going on. My dad lives up there and I haven't really seen the place for over 20 years. I visited twice but spent the time with family. Next time you go ... hollaaaaa. :)
That's a trip that I'd like going on again! Well, with the exception of being stuck in traffic when I really...really...had to pee. Okay, that and the fact that my sister-in-law was along (I went with my brother and her, who lived in Rochester at the time). To explain - after I went back home, my brother explained it this way. "You've heard of the crimson tide, right? Well, that was more of a crimson tsunami." My thinking - if she's going to mad at you regardless...leave her at home. ;) :D

Anyway, after a few tasty Molson Drys, I couldn't care less. I still remember that waitress putting her arms behind her back, grabbing one wrist with the other hand, and stretching her arms backwards. Oh, my. I also remember trying to figure out a tip (at a different bar) in the dark while looking at Canadian coins. The bartender was brilliant to give a happy, drunk American two-dollar coins as change. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Dang - maybe I should have dug out my vinyl for the Moshi contest. De...wait for it...nied.

Congrats to the winners, though! I think that you'll be happy with your prizes.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
They're called toonies :)
I'm pretty sure that they're called bartenders...

:D Thanks. I just saw that they were called that before I posted the above when I looked it up to make sure that I was remembering right. Turns out, they were introduced in 1996, which I think is about when I went to visit.

Now I'm remembering the woman in the blue dress who was walking out by the water. Ahhh, Toronto. :)

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
I'm pretty sure that they're called bartenders...

:D Thanks. I just saw that they were called that before I posted the above when I looked it up to make sure that I was remembering right. Turns out, they were introduced in 1996, which I think is about when I went to visit.

Now I'm remembering the woman in the blue dress who was walking out by the water. Ahhh, Toronto. :)
1996 :eek: i never knew that.... now that i think about it though i never have seen one older than 96... an american knowing more about canada than me :eek:.... well this is awkward
heh i have a 96 one in my pocket right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis