Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deedubb

Full Audioholic
I ordered from lasenza.com the other day. What a nice painless experience, and it sure beats going in to the store and looking like a fool while fumbling with the underwear. They especially look at you funny when you ask to try some on.

D

deedubb

Full Audioholic
:eek: Must have been a nice car! I'd have to pay someone about $20k to take my car if I were to pull that off. :)
I have car commitment problems, but luckily, I have a very understanding wife.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Okay, so I lost close to $50K after I sold my last car after having owned it for only 2 years, but I still don't think it was a waste :eek:

I just won't buy new cars anymore.
I think used is pretty wise with cars, but I have no desire to ever replace mine.

D

deedubb

Full Audioholic
I think used is pretty wise with cars, but I have no desire to ever replace mine.
For sure. If you can find a low mileage car that is only 1 or 2 years old, let the first owner take the hit. I couldn't find the colour I wanted so I bought new, but I likely won't do that again...unless I can't find the colour/options I want. Yeah, I'm an idiot and a slow learner :(

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
My Porsche 911 S got a build date the first of the year, yay. I've always driven SUVs or trucks (first a Dodge RAM, then a Jeep, now a Porsche Cayenne GTS)... this will be my first small car. I went with the Burrmeister sound system, kinda expensive and I know I won't get my money back for it when I go to sell it, but, I didn't want Bose logos on my car lol. You know you hate Bose when you pay to not have it lol.
Duuude... Thats awesome. Carerra or Turbo S? Thats one hell of a machine. I would typically agree with letting someone else take the first financial hit on a car, but that's one of those that would be great to take new off the line. Congrats. My business partner is a Porsche enthusiast.. He still has his '83 GTS with the V8 that he bought brand new and its pristine. He has a few others, but his first brand new one will always be the pride of the fleet. How did you like your Cayenne? I've been considering a turbo with a few miles on it.

D

deedubb

Full Audioholic
Duuude... Thats awesome. Carerra or Turbo S? Thats one hell of a machine. I would typically agree with letting someone else take the first financial hit on a car, but that's one of those that would be great to take new off the line. Congrats. My business partner is a Porsche enthusiast.. He still has his '83 GTS with the V8 that he bought brand new and its pristine. He has a few others, but his first brand new one will always be the pride of the fleet. How did you like your Cayenne? I've been considering a turbo with a few miles on it.
Can't be the Turbo S as that doesn't come out until near the end of the model run. This is the newest generation 911 (the 991).

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I should get one of these. Vacation or not, Niki knows when it's time to get up.

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Congrats on the purchase. I'm still not sure if I like the design of the 991 yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the GT3 RS will look like.
Nod. The GT cars are just too stiff for a daily driver. I really like the GT2 RS, but I love the sound of the GT3 RS (the turbo on the GT2 takes away a lot of noise). Neither are in budget or practical for me now though, maybe one day. :)

To me the exterior isn't too much different than it's predecessor, but I love the interior. It's more like the Panamera, which while I'm not huge on the exterior, I absolutely /love/ the interior.

It's the Carrera S. Turbo isn't released yet and is out of my budget (I'll only pay cash for cars, I don't want a payment/stress and don't understand financing luxury items that have no equity lol).

Yeah, I buy new cars, take the hit, but I like to spec them out, enjoy the wait and build notices, and excitement of taking delivery. I talked to my dealer and it looks like early March now for delivery, they are building them right after the factory vacation and then ramping up for delivery. Really I don't care if it isn't until the end of March because I'm so busy from now until March (like if I get it in Feb I'm travelling so much it'll just sit and drive me crazy lol!)

How did you like your Cayenne? I've been considering a turbo with a few miles on it.
It's been a great car and I still enjoy driving it. Really liked how the GTS sits (lower suspension) and drives (steeper gears), plus the interior (the alcantara and bucket seats) and engine sound. With the new Cayenne, I think the 7 speed might not make the GTS as big of an upgrade over the S but I'm not sure - it would be worth comparing apples to apples if a GTS comes out (which I assume they will). The Turbo Cayenne is great, but make sure it has PDCC (Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control). It sounds gimmicky when you hear about it, but drive one with and one without and you'll immediately tell the difference in a SUV. Also the new Cayenne interiors are similar to the Panamera and really an improvement in my opinion.

When it comes down to it, the Cayenne is a very practical SUV, fun to drive and good ergonomics as typical of Porsche. The back of the new style isn't my favorite, but it may grow on me and the new interior, lower weight and transmission is more than enough to make up for it.

As far as maintenance: I had one recall and zero repairs. Regular maintenance is expensive, but expected.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
It's the Carrera S. Turbo isn't released yet and is out of my budget (I'll only pay cash for cars, I don't want a payment/stress and don't understand financing luxury items that have no equity lol).
as far as maintenance: I had one recall and zero repairs. Regular maintenance is expensive, but expected.
Seems the wise way to go. I still wish I'd not financed the only car I've ever financed. During the layoff that payment was like a noose.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
What a stark contrast to Adam's motto of 'Regular maintenance is expected but completely avoidable." :D
:D With the Fusion, though, I paid up front for a maintenance package - in part to make sure that I followed the schedule! :)

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Seems the wise way to go. I still wish I'd not financed the only car I've ever financed. During the layoff that payment was like a noose.
Yeah, I'd rather drive something cheaper than finance. Not big on payments except for maybe a house mortage or business loan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis