Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Congrats Doug!:)

Any big plans tonight or are you just going to cuddle up and read the new Bose thread together?
We are going out for dinner with the boy. I haven't decided where yet.:confused: I figured the Bose thread would have been locked by now.:D

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
The package has been delivered. I suspect Alex is in a sugar induced coma right about now.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The package has been delivered. I suspect Alex is in a sugar induced coma right about now.
Not yet. I had only scarfed down one more bar once I got home but your post prompted the gooning of bar 3. That's a total of 104 grams of sugar ... but whose counting?

I take it you got to Fall River alright. It was poring rain most of the way home for me.
How long does the rain usually last after you two visit an area? :p

I'll let you know how long the chocolate lasts ... hopefully longer than the rain.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Not yet. I had only scarfed down one more bar once I got home but your post prompted the gooning of bar 3. That's a total of 104 grams of sugar ... but whose counting?

I take it you got to Fall River alright. It was poring rain most of the way home for me.

I'll let you know how long the chocolate lasts ... hopefully longer than the rain.
Man, don't bring up the rain! It's been raining almost every day here for about a month! Even when it's not raining, we still have fog or 10/10ths cloud cover.:mad: The farmers have been delayed planting crops. Even the ones who don't have to plant - apple orchard farmers - are worried, because the bees aren't out pollinating. It's depressing I tells ya!:(

I have some crown and base molding for the rec room that I want to paint before installing. But, it's all 15' lengths, so I need to take it outside to get enough room. So, with all the rain, it's sitting stacked up in the basement. Sigh....

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
The place is named after you, no doubt.:D
They make some nice stuff. What beer did you have?
I had the Helles Golden Lager. http://www.slyfoxbeer.com/index.php/front/beer_details/36 I am not feeling well so I went with a nice basic brew.:)

We had:
Loaded Pub Nachos
tri-colored tortilla chips piled high with cheddar cheese,
tomato, black olives, red onions & jalapeños, &
then topped with a dollop of sour cream

We both chose:
Blackened Flat Iron Steak
blackened flat iron steak grilled to your liking, served
withmashed potatoes, vegetable of the day & topped
with onion rings.

The boy had the mini pizza & fries.

If you ever get up this way, this place (and this one) is pretty close our house. Someday I'll have a GTG. Need to work on the house...

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Depends. There is a cold dark cloud that hangs over me and a beam of sunshine that follows her wherever she goes. The conflict between these two opposing forces may screw up local weather for some time.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey Dave, I just got through tracking down my BIA SACD to listen to Track 3 in Mantown and I could see what you mean about the detail of the acoustic guitar that was missing on the BeoLab 5. It's right at the beginning of the tune. Obviously when Time Magazine awarded them the Product of the Year Award they had not heard of the Dayton BR-1's coupled with a $36 fleabay sub driven by an antiquated H/K rec'r and used $50 Denon DVD 2200. I think my system may sound better than one costing roughly 112.5 times more ... and I included the cost of wires and installation. Can they match that? :cool:

Okay ... their display does smoke mine. :rolleyes:

Note: We stopped at a Bang & Olufsen where the sales dude was nice
enough to demo a $45,000 set up for us. They had BIA on their server.

Oh yeah, their speakers have some sort of Adaptive Bass Control (ABC)
which might account for the different sound signature of different tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis