Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
the wife and i will be watching ready player one in 3d in a few days. it should be a good time because we haven't been to the movies in years.

if its anything like tron legacy, it will definitely be a 4k bluray purchase.

i don't know much about the movie but the trailer looks very good.

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
well, ready player one was a total disappointment, even in 3d. it isn't my type of movie.

it was a meh movie with a ton of references to far better movies. i wish Steven Spielberg would return my 2 hours back to me. well, maybe i should have researched more about it.

i was hoping for a tron legacy type of thing.

i must be getting old because it was too loud at times. mostly highs and mids with only 2 quick bass heavy scenes.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
well, ready player one was a total disappointment, even in 3d. it isn't my type of movie.

it was a meh movie with a ton of references to far better movies. i wish Steven Spielberg would return my 2 hours back to me. well, maybe i should have researched more about it.

i was hoping for a tron legacy type of thing.

i must be getting old because it was too loud at times. mostly highs and mids with only 2 quick bass heavy scenes.
Well at least you got her entertained. lol. Maybe check with your new AI;) before you research? You can't always go by reviews especially on movie selections. :p But that is a long-time to sit with dark glasses on in a dark room. :cool: Did you get the bang, you was looking for out the movie anyways? Two quick bangs:D if done up right can be better than No bangs.:cool:lo.

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I was entertained and I enjoyed the movie. Thought the CGI and 3D was well done, had a lot of fun picking out the pop culture references, video games, movies, toys, clothes etc. If you going to see this for depth of story or character development, please avoid this movie o_O

I put the Acting and Story at a C-
I put the CGI at a A-
Pop culture references A+

IMAX 3D is the way to go, just so you can see all the massive amount of Easter eggs in this film

I was familiar with the book content, so I knew it was not going to be too deep in story. I think in that case it actually improved upon the book.

In my case my expectations were exceeded, because I knew it was not going to be another Tron type of movie (which I am a huge fan of)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I couldn't even get pass the title of the movie. :eek:

Sounds like a video game for kids. :D

Good gods I must be getting damn old. :(

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

some of early reviews say it's not great movie and that they properly messed up the book

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
Well at least you got her entertained. lol. Maybe check with your new AI;) before you research? You can't always go by reviews especially on movie selections. :p But that is a long-time to sit with dark glasses on in a dark room. :cool: Did you get the bang, you was looking for out the movie anyways? Two quick bangs:D if done up right can be better than No bangs.:cool:lo.
TechHDS
we were both disappointed. next time i will need to definitely research more duh lol

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
I was entertained and I enjoyed the movie. Thought the CGI and 3D was well done, had a lot of fun picking out the pop culture references, video games, movies, toys, clothes etc. If you going to see this for depth of story or character development, please avoid this movie o_O

I put the Acting and Story at a C-
I put the CGI at a A-
Pop culture references A+

IMAX 3D is the way to go, just so you can see all the massive amount of Easter eggs in this film

I was familiar with the book content, so I knew it was not going to be too deep in story. I think in that case it actually improved upon the book.

In my case my expectations were exceeded, because I knew it was not going to be another Tron type of movie (which I am a huge fan of)

Cos
i agree 90%. the cgi was good but i felt the 3d was missing at times. as for the pop culture well that made it feel like a loong movie trailer. imagine the possibilities with this movie?

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic

AcuDefTechGuy
that is exactly how my wife described the movie, a kid's video game movie. it had plenty of adult references though one example is male Kegel exercises. really?!

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
some of early reviews say it's not great movie and that they properly messed up the book

BoredSysAdmin
i agree with the not great movie reviews. Cos thinks they even improved on the book though. you don't hear that often lol

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
I doubt I will ever see this movie. :D

AcuDefTechGuy
i remember watching scarface and taking a shot every time we heard "truck" lol if you did that with ready player one in regards to pop culture references i think you would die :eek:

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Cos
i agree 90%. the cgi was good but i felt the 3d was missing at times. as for the pop culture well that made it feel like a loong movie trailer. imagine the possibilities with this movie?
  • It was based on a book, that was not that great, it is not a hard core sci-fi action movie
  • It is geared more towards kids, definitely agree, but had plenty of older pop culture references
  • Book was 'meh' to me, I liked it better on the screen specifically the pop culture stuff (plenty of references to the 1970s and 80s movies games etc that I grew up on)

I think the difference of my opinion is I knew what I was going to see before I went to the show, so it was fun for me. Checking Rotten Tomatoes both critics and audience are rating it close to 80%, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Last edited:

TechHDS

Audioholic General
TechHDS
we were both disappointed. next time i will need to definitely research more duh lol
True, I didn't watch it yet, sorry wasn't saying your system wasn't set upright. My apologies,;)
I have had movie's where I expected more from the soundtrack and got even less from the movie itself, like poor directing, poor special effects and so on. Again ment no harm was really trying to make lite of a movie that didn't come through.:).
Anyways thxs for noticing my sense of humor ':rolleyes:, it does get me in trouble in here sometimes. :oops:.

Last edited:
Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
  • It was based on a book, that was not that great, it is not a hard core sci-fi action movie
  • It is geared more towards kids, definitely agree, but had plenty of older pop culture references
  • Book was 'meh' to me, I liked it better on the screen specifically the pop culture stuff (plenty of references to the 1970s and 80s movies games etc that I grew up on)
I think the difference of my opinion is I knew what I was going to see before I went to the show, so it was fun for me. Checking Rotten Tomatoes both critics and audience are rating it close to 80%, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Cos
you're right, maybe i should have read the book first.

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
True, I didn't watch it yet, sorry wasn't saying your system wasn't set upright. My apologies,;)
I have had movie's where I expected more from the soundtrack and got even less from the movie itself, like poor directing, poor special effects and so on. Again ment no harm was really trying to make lite of a movie that didn't come through.:).
Anyways thxs for noticing my sense of humor ':rolleyes:, it does get me in trouble in here sometimes. :oops:.
TechHDS
no apologies needed. i do not get offended easily. in fact, i didn't see anything that may have offended me. :confused: we went to the movies, it wasn't for us, here's my opinion, and the rest rest is just sharing views. :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Got the Netflix bluray yesterday and watched it last night. I'm not a gamer but still enjoyed it quite a bit. Anime like I suppose, but better than the usual animation style. Kept me entertained. Good visuals and audio but would like to try the 3d/Atmos for this one maybe. Maybe not one of Spielberg's best, probably won't purchase the bluray.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't like the whole first half of the film. It got better though and I enjoyed the second half. Visuals were impressive, audio solid and some nice nerd nods, but still didn't really feel this one was a keeper.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis