Re-running YPAO calibration

I

insignia

Enthusiast
Hi all!

I did some research but couldn’t find the answer, hopefully somebody experienced in Yamaha Parametric room Acoustic Optimizer (YPAO) can help. I own Yamaha RX-V781 AV Receiver. I changed all my speakers and need to optimize the settings again. Will the measurement results be affected by ‘YPAO Volume’ [and] ‘Adaptive DRC’ left from previous optimization and set to ON? In other words, are ‘YPAO Volume’ [and] ‘Adaptive DRC’ active and affect YPAO while it’s running calibration? Should I disable (set to OFF) ‘YPAO Volume’ [and] ‘Adaptive DRC’ prior to running YPAO calibration for new speakers and every time I re-run YPAO calibration (change room/speakers or reposition speakers)?

Thank you in advance!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I would think re-running YPAO with your new speakers would reset all related YPAO features automatically. I doubt it makes any difference what settings you have in terms of on/off before re-running it. The effectiveness of YPAO would be compromised I'd think if it retained information from a previous calibration/running of YPAO.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Agree with 'lovinthehd'.

Reset everything to default, run YPAO 3 or 4 times, trim the settings and then apply 'YPAO Volume & 'Adaptive DRC' afterwards individually, to see if you need or like them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis