RBH Sound Sidekick Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
RBH Sound introduced their first portable Bluetooth speaker armed with a Class D amplifier rated at 10 watts/ch and dual 45 mm drivers in stereo configuration with a patent pending oval 70mm bass radiator for extended bass. The Sidekick incorporated Bluetooth 4.0 for up to 33 ft of range, supports MP3 and WMA file formats via the microSD reader, and has a play time rated up to 6 hours. Is this product a Sidekick or Superhero in its category? Read on to find and be sure to watch our Youtube Video review.

Sidekick_quarter.jpg

Read: RBH Sound Sidekick Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Good question. I think I still have the A320 somewhere and will try to do a listening comparison.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Sounds like a great product! I'll order one to gift for xmas, which means I get to play with it till then! :D

Just tried to order, and the shopping cart empties after I input my zip code. Emailed them so hopefully that'll get sorted, quickly!

Last edited:
TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
RBH Sidekick is out of stock.

No details, yet, of restock date or preorder.

Thanks a lot Gene! You blew them off the shelves in 24 hours so your readers can't even get one!
Lol!

J

Jsandman

Enthusiast
Hello Gene. I had a similar experience several years ago when I picked up a Creative Soundblaster Roar. Yes, this is the same Creative company that makes computer soundcards and related products. I was skeptical but took the leap and ordered online and I have been ecstatic with my purchase ever since. To give you a point of reference, I have a cousin who owns B&W Diamonds (802 D2s) but he also loves his "portable" bluetooth speaker that's the size of a carry-on bag. We were at an outdoor family get-together when his speaker ran out of juice. I then used my pint-sized Roar: he, and everyone else, could not believe the output and sound quality that the Roar produced, especially (but not limited to) the lower end. Since then, Creative has released updated versions, including the Roar 2.

Gene, I wanted to give you the aforementioned background information to compel you to accommodate a request: Would you be willing to compare the RBH Sidekick to any of the Creative Soundblaster Roars? (The Roar and Roar 2 are either cheaper or in the exact same price range as the RBH Sidekick, respectively.) While I am still very happy with my Roar, I would value your professional opinion to help me determine if it's worth it to replace my Roar with a Sidekick. (FYI: At the time of this post, I don't think it would be. But this review has piqued my curiosity.)

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
Has anybody else heard this speaker yet?
I have only been able to find 2 reviews online. Audioholics and Amazon.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Has anybody else heard this speaker yet?
I have only been able to find 2 reviews online. Audioholics and Amazon.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
FWIW I sent one to my sis and have been harassing to get a snap shot and some commentary of sound quality. They use a portable projector from a laptop and use a bt speaker for sound. As I've owned RBH speakers for years, I did not think twice in purchasing this unit!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis