RBH Sound Owner's Thread

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Have a lovely new addition to my happy home. This may be the first view for yall. I took them with my Iphone 11 at the mothership. A moment of great reverence, then squealed like a little girl with a new kitten.
*Squeals vicariously* :p

Oh my, those really are pretty!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Have a lovely new addition to my happy home. This may be the first view for yall. I took them with my Iphone 11 at the mothership. A moment of great reverence, then squealed like a little girl with a new kitten.
What are these?

E

Erod

Audioholic
RBH SV-661/reference in South American Rosewood.
I have them in piano black, and I love them. I got the beryllium woofers with mine.

The Aurum Cantus AMT just sounds so crisp and accurate all the time. The cabinetry is so well built, too.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
FYI, the RBH SV line (SV61, SV661, SV6500) is being replaced by a new version later this year. So grab them while supplies last since their prices are still about 10% less than the new models. :D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I second this notion. I have a very good ear, and have been involved with audio since the late 70's. I have my house stuffed with them, owned every version they make/made. Their cabinets are the best I have ever seen, the sound is amazing. I dont get it?
I asked RBH this and most of the print magazines appear to want a big commitment in ad spend before their products get reviewed. I know sites like hometheaterreview.com have reviewed RBH in the past but they are still a relatively small company mostly driven by engineering than marketing.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I asked RBH this and most of the print magazines appear to want a big commitment in ad spend before their products get reviewed. I know sites like hometheaterreview.com have reviewed RBH in the past but they are still a relatively small company mostly driven by engineering than marketing.
I have to wonder about the influence of print magazines vs and online magazine in terms of product exposure and increasing product sales. If I was a home audio equipment manufacturer, where is my advertising dollars best spent? Unless I were aiming at a 70+ year old audience, I don't think I would spend it on a print magazine. I know we are both really biased in our perspectives here, but honestly, as a would-be manufacturer, I would be advertising in publications that get top google search hits for reviews. That is very likely how people are deciding their purchases for audio equipment that they can't just buy on a whim. They are going to google that stuff and look at first page hit results, for better or worse.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If only we were rich like Gene. Then we could afford these 8Ts. :D

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Hey folks, I have climbed the sacred mountain and I found truth. Oh yes, I found inner joy. The sound they make is so far beyond my petty systems.
Oh, Lord yes. I've heard those puppies and they are by far, hands down, the most incredible speakers my ears have ever been blessed to hear. Only problem is that they're a major spoiler, because after hearing them I have vowed that I simply MUST have them someday. What a phenomenal product. Cool looking too!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well. The SV-6500 and 6500/R towers are sold out. I didn't realize they were selling that hot. :D

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Oh, Lord yes. I've heard those puppies and they are by far, hands down, the most incredible speakers my ears have ever been blessed to hear. Only problem is that they're a major spoiler, because after hearing them I have vowed that I simply MUST have them someday. What a phenomenal product. Cool looking too!
You will have to look on the used market for them in the future. They are basically discontinued in favor of the SVTRS speakers.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
If only we were rich like Gene. Then we could afford these 8Ts. :D
Not rich, just a good negotiator ;)

I will forever miss the 8Ts. Amazing and gorgeous speakers. An end of an era for me but SVTRS is a new beginning too.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I see the RBH just increased the price of their speakers and subwoofers. The SV1212 subs are now over $3k and their top of the line sub is over $6K! I see they added about $2k more for the SVTR pair price. Going for almost $13K.

Any reason RBH decided to increase so much?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I see the RBH just increased the price of their speakers and subwoofers. The SV1212 subs are now over $3k and their top of the line sub is over $6K! I see they added about $2k more for the SVTR pair price. Going for almost $13K.

I think the increase is 10% and is related to the tariff war in China.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic

SHAMELESS PLUG: The latest price increase makes my SV-1212P/R deal all the better! Still available. ;) https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/fs-rbh-sv-1212pr-reference-subwoofer.116112/

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Man I promised myself I wasn't going to spend anymore on the home theater this year but you live in Texas? Where I live? I've always wanted to own on of those beasts ugggggghhhh why'd you have to post this? Lol
Haha. That's hilarious. Seriously, though. If you're in Texas, I will hand deliver it to you and even help set it up! I'm in San Antonio, FWIW.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Haha. That's hilarious. Seriously, though. If you're in Texas, I will hand deliver it to you and even help set it up! I'm in San Antonio, FWIW.
Get out of here bro this is a sign from the audio gods

I'm in San Antonio as well I'll PM you in a little while I don't know if I can pass this up

I have 2 SVS PB 4000s in the theater room I think by looking at the tests specs (I was going to buy a 3rd sub) I believe I can get all 3 to play together the third one will be set up more near field I was going to need a mini dsp anyway no matter what I bought the AVM 60 doesn't see multiple subs this one actually will be the near field sub

I had been leaning toward a 3rd PC 4000 but there like 40 Damn inches tall this could work out perfect I don't think I can turn a deal like this down

Do you have any objection if we begin dialoging if I were to come out and take a look at it?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
FWIW, IME it works a whole lot better if you make promises like that in late December, but start of March? ... Never!
I gotta a feeling your statement is going to apply perfectly on this one.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis