RBH Modular Towers Review - My Journey so far

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Some people have more money than time (or willingness to invest time) to figure out what to get.
Most of us are geeks or audio obsessive such hat we enjoy figuring out what to get!
I can relate! I enjoy evaluating speakers, but when it comes to deciding what TV or computer to buy, I will go to Rtings or Laptop Magazine to see what they say to get. Vacuum cleaner - consumer reports, etc!
Part of that is I am very concerned about the significant differences between SQ of speakers, but pretty happy with most of the screens I see in WalMart...and I know most any 5 year old model of computer will do all I need (web-surfing, word processing, and spreadsheets). I no longer do CAD/CAM, but there too, I think the hardware is generally as capable as the software asks it to be. That has changed dramatically over the past 25 years! I used to obsess over my computer hardware because it made a huge difference!
So true that 1st sentence....the people with money come into GA Home Theater normally buy B&W...the sales guy that I got to know a little bit says some customers come in wanting to buy 800 series B&W before they've even heard them.

Video...yeah side by side, I can see and appreciate the difference with OLED and LED sets, but I don't need the absolute best picture my money can buy. When I get it home it won't be next to an OLED to compare it to. That said, the refresh rates and dark room PQ varies a great deal from the entry level sets I've seen. The mid level is typically what I buy...or closeout next model up. Also the processing speed makes a difference in how quickly the TV responds to remote commands, etc.

C

CoryW

Audioholic
I picked up a pair of SX-T1 from the RBH black Monday. They are supposed to be b-stock, but I can’t fine one single blemish. I already had three reference 661, so I swapped all 6.5” drivers over. I also had three reference scanspeak tweeters on hand. I found three more in the B-stock as well as two more 6.5” woofers.
After getting my RBH sub amps tuned up with the lower twin 1010/r subs, I am listening to the most accurate, perfectly balanced system that I have ever heard. The entire room disappears in a sound stage that seems infinite. Music has morphed into a whole body experience, very emotional.....they are stunning.
I’m driving them with one of the best receivers ever made, the Elite VSX-59TXI. The sub portion is powered by RBH SA-400 amps.
They are broke in and magnificent in every way.

Attachments

C

CoryW

Audioholic
They sound magnificent WITHOUT any need for a “break-in” period. :D
Im so happy. I’ve got a 5.1 RBH in the bedroom anchored by the supreme bookshelf, the sv61 cabinet, but using the incredible beryllium reference woofers from the Voce Fina and the RBH/AMT tweeter. A Frankenstein, but an amazingly sounding one. Every home should have one pair.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Im so happy. I’ve got a 5.1 RBH in the bedroom anchored by the supreme bookshelf, the sv61 cabinet, but using the incredible beryllium reference woofers from the Voce Fina and the RBH/AMT tweeter. A Frankenstein, but an amazingly sounding one. Every home should have one pair.
You have a 5.1 RBH in the bedroom and also in your HT room? :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have a problem. I can’t seem to pass up a bargain. I have another RBH 5.1 system in storage as well.
Yeah, you're out of control. 3 different 5.1 RBH systems. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis