D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Guy on the radio had listeners calling in on homework. One said 4 hours sometimes. Further proof the children could run some of the schools better than the adults. :rolleyes: I remember a kid in HS who never did homework. Did it all in class. Especially elementary years but not a big fan of it 7-12 either. Radio guy where I disagree is the technology is a hindrance to outside play. I do it too, but yanno I'm an adult now. My kid would be outside much more.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Also chartering halfway across town in elementary. Local school was 2 blocks away. While everyone else in the neighborhood is home at 3 I didn't get home till 4-430. What a waste. :rolleyes:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not exactly the student model. Bottom third HS, and barely scraped by in college. But for me let's get the most out of elementary while in class. There's room for adjustments after K-6, or parental participation etc. But I know if it isn't fun than they ain't gonna wanna do it.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Remember that parent on the radio who said her child would come home with a backpack full of books. What are you doing? That's what the classroom is for. :rolleyes:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe others can speak on their experiences in subcontracting. Mine is if you're not on payroll than it can be a dice roll as to if you get paid. Depends on the people/company I guess. I don't have proof but suspect some of them delay payments intentionally. My current boss I'm guessing has a fair amount of contracts with said company and is sort of held to their whims. I'm not sure though if it's my boss, the company, or both. I think it's time to go back to a payroll job cause if your on the books than....I'm guessing my boss takes them to court and there goes the contracts. Again not real sure which it is. It doesn't seem to me like an accounting error, or mismanagement of funds, or maybe not meeting budget.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Guy on YT said...

Beyonce and Jay Z bought a house for $200 million, so how did they get all the cash? They take out a loan on their assets like stocks and finances, and they turn the loan into a mortgage.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Another weird one from work was the previous GM,.who I'm guessing is a narcissist. She'd make cuts to the point it would take roughly 3.5 weeks to get the elevator fixed. I think it was she hated her job. Hated having to deal with Section 8 etc, and all she cared about was her bonus. The irony is she said she attended church regularly. I probably have more goodness in me while not attending church. :rolleyes:

The company wants to get maintenance people at $23 per hour which is below the average. Funny enough the apt has hired a company at $55 per hour (half maintenance, half co) to help get things done because I assume they don't have a stable maintenance crew. It just doesn't make sense.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Guy on the radio had listeners calling in on homework. One said 4 hours sometimes. Further proof the children could run some of the schools better than the adults. :rolleyes: I remember a kid in HS who never did homework. Did it all in class. Especially elementary years but not a big fan of it 7-12 either. Radio guy where I disagree is the technology is a hindrance to outside play. I do it too, but yanno I'm an adult now. My kid would be outside much more.
They teach more advanced material at an accelerated rate than they did in the past. Little kids are writing code, creating spreadsheets, doing more advanced Math & Science than we did and they might be 7 years old- that's second freaking grade! A friend who has degrees in accounting and finance/marketing told me that he was having a conversation about programming with two of their kids at dinner- one was 7 and the older was 10. Their school had introduced classes to see how well the smarter kids would respond and they excelled. That was more than 25 years ago. The daughter of a customer came into the room when I was working on the programming for the remote control and sat next to me. She wanted to watch a DVD, so she looked at the remote, pressed a button, waited until she could see the screen and pressed Play. I hadn't said a single word about how it was operated and she did this at the tender age of 3 years.

highfigh

highfigh

Remember that parent on the radio who said her child would come home with a backpack full of books. What are you doing? That's what the classroom is for. :rolleyes:
Maybe the kid likes to read. What kinds of books, for classes or outside of the curricula?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe the kid likes to read. What kinds of books, for classes or outside of the curricula?
Class I imagine.
Of course too *if* they love it.
66 years old crusty on radio said when she was a kid they had homework. So naturally her students need homework, not to mention if her memory on her young years is accurate.
Broader point is looks like to me is they are trying to make adults out of kids. *If* is always factored in depending on the kid. But also so what(!) if you get 12th grade level done in record time.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I catch this every once in a while on house buying shows where the guy is arguing with the wife about details on the property. Just give her what she wants. Granted price is a concern, and there is practical advice you can give like "I want my man cave room" LOL. But otherwise give her what she wants. Guy is thinking of have his wife drive an hour to work while his work activities are close to the house.:rolleyes:

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I catch this every once in a while on house buying shows where the guy is arguing with the wife about details on the property. Just give her what she wants. Granted price is a concern, and there is practical advice you can give like "I want my man cave room" LOL. But otherwise give her what she wants. Guy is thinking of have his wife drive an hour to work while his work activities are close to the house.:rolleyes:
Why? Is she the only one paying the mortgage?

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Happy wife happy life. Compromise is key. It’s fun to watch those shows to see different houses in different locations. Question how authentic the behavior is. There’s nothing real about reality TV.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Happy wife happy life. Compromise is key. It’s fun to watch those shows to see different houses in different locations. Question how authentic the behavior is. There’s nothing real about reality TV.
Compromise is the answer. 100%.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I rarely see arguing. This guy though he's like arguing the details. Price, two-car garages etc is about all that matters. Guys complaining cause the bedroom bathroom doesn't have a door. It's like a five foot wide repair with a door. 2k fix.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Thankfully they took the 500k house. 600k was outside his budget, and the 415k was an hour drive to work for her. I'd never make her do that. The 500k interior was good but what made it was the backyard imo. It had a rock edge and was kind of a hill till it met the fence with a couple nice trees below with good space.

highfigh

highfigh

Class I imagine.
Of course too *if* they love it.
66 years old crusty on radio said when she was a kid they had homework. So naturally her students need homework, not to mention if her memory on her young years is accurate.
Broader point is looks like to me is they are trying to make adults out of kids. *If* is always factored in depending on the kid. But also so what(!) if you get 12th grade level done in record time.
Memory is up to the person- I just hit 67 and remember things that happened before pre-school. We had homework all through primary, middle and high school but I don't remember coloring or drawing and Crayons at home for kindergarten... :)

Uh, what else do you do with kids beside make adults out of them?

There's a helluva lot more to learn now, compared to 30 years ago, never mind 60. Other countries do it, I see no reason the US couldn't, aside from the parents being too busy to read and do basic Math with the kids, education system coming up with a BS Math system that Europeans look at as if it were Sanskrit and bouncing off of American and World history as if it were to be avoided.

Not everyone is suited to living as a 9th grader- some, like the guy next to me in Freshman Algebra, are bored shyteless when they have to do such basic work- his mid-term grade was a solid B, but he was so bored he didn't do well and hadn't been allowed to test out of the class because the head of the Math dept thought he needed to do the work because he had come from Czechoslovakia and because he had an accent so, ya know, "he must be kind of slow". Yeah, about needing to do the work- when they tested him at the end of the year they said "Sorry, we don't have anything to teach you" so he finished the last three years of Math & Science at Marquette University, doing independent study and tutoring. Kids who are able to, should be allowed to complete more advanced work on whatever schedule they can and if it means finishing HS sooner and going to college at a young age, it can be OK if the parents are fully engaged. Many of the youngest college students have an idea or are determined to do something specific anyway, so they're examples of "College is NOT bullcrap".

highfigh

highfigh

I know someone who's a musician and he wrote a song titled "Do You Want To Be Happy, Or Do You Want To Be Right?". He recently had a room over the garage built for writing music, shooting music videos, video guitar lessons, etc because his wife wanted to use the room he had occupied. While some may see this as an inconvenience, I'm sure he was drooling about having a place that's separate from the normal distractions of daily life.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis