D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Tyt and the Majoity Report do quite a lot of journalism on the right regarding their lies. But they also don't talk about policy. I imagine it comes down to perspective, but I don't find much overall good journalism anywhere really.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I think NHL players have the right to not participate in pride day, but their reasoning is dumb. I'd rather they said they didn't believe in it and left it at that than ...but I'm not discriminating against them. When its very clear they're discriminating against them. It's the irony of religious beliefs.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
My belief going back to the cake shop owner case was I agreed with the verdict but not for the same reasons. He was not an essential business.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I wonder if Melania would get voted Worst First Lady? She could be the most charitable ever, but since she's married to Trump it cancels everything out. :)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
My belief going back to the cake shop owner case was I agreed with the verdict but not for the same reasons. He was not an essential business.
'Essential', during COVID? I thought that happened before COVID.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I think NHL players have the right to not participate in pride day, but their reasoning is dumb. I'd rather they said they didn't believe in it and left it at that than ...but I'm not discriminating against them. When its very clear they're discriminating against them. It's the irony of religious beliefs.
This pretty much sums it up. I'm so tired of constantly hearing about DEI issues. We get it.

I started a thread about the fact every time I turned on NPR it was either race, ethnicity, gender. It's a crapfest.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
This pretty much sums it up. I'm so tired of constantly hearing about DEI issues. We get it.

I started a thread about the fact every time I turned on NPR it was either race, ethnicity, gender. It's a crapfest.
I was talking about the reasons conservatives don't want to participate. Just say you don't believe in it.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
'Essential', during COVID? I thought that happened before COVID.
Grocery, gas, hardware, clothes = essential.

Cake shop = not essential. Unless there's no grocery store within miles than yeah that'd be different.

Imagine though it depends on state marriage laws.

Probably getting way off track but like where do you draw the line? Opens a big can of worms. Religious exemptions are but the right to discriminate.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Grocery, gas, hardware, clothes = essential.

Cake shop = not essential. Unless there's no grocery store within miles than yeah that'd be different.

Imagine though it depends on state marriage laws.
You can be sure if someone, say a corporation, did not want to buy from them they’ll certainly whine about that.

That pretty much sums up many “conservatives” today in USA. Totally blind to any facts or research or reason, but really good at whining. We’ve had a number of threads where several members have put much effort to provide links to good quality research and articles in a vain attempt to convince someone else, but then the dude they’re arguing with is a fucking moron.

Edit: It was not @highfigh I had in mind in my post. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
You can be sure if someone, say a corporation, did not want to buy from them they’ll squeal like a whiny bìtch piglet.

That pretty much sums up many “conservatives” today in USA. Totally blind to any facts or research or reason, but really good at whining. We’ve had a number of threads where several members have put much effort to provide links to good quality research and articles in a vain attempt to convince someone else, but then the dude they’re arguing with is a fucking moron.

Edit: It was not @highfigh I had in mind in my post. Sorry for any confusion.
I think what my waffle brain was trying to say is had it been a non-religios person than they'd get their ass sued. Religious and now they're exempted from it being considered discrimination.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

But yes to clarify I agree.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The great MAGA candidate Kari Lake.

Democrats want to kill children who susurvived abortion. --
Eric Mataxas Show

Paraphrasing, and if you disagree with dems on abortion alright, but now they want to abort the ones who didnt get aborted. Sure is sad desperation. :confused:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Clarence Thomas- the bestest part is when they roll the tape of Clarence saying, 'I like Europe, but I prefer American RVs and Walmart parking lots'. Bwahaha.:D

I can confirm: Walmart parking lots are not that great a hangout. Skateboarding is pretty cool though.;)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Also getting tired of the Soros conspiracy conservative media uses. Any links, evidence?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
You ever give any thought to the fact that, I don’t know maybe 80-90% of news organizations lean left or they are hard left organizations. Along with D.C. is more or less progressive’s in abundance. ‘H’ it’s near impossible to get a conviction of a democrat inD.C. Add to all that, that many companies have bought into activists of woke agenda and it’s easy to see why fox is being sued or persecuted by what seems like everyone and their brother.
There are tons of media bias charts online, and most actually indicate that there is a pretty significant number of right leaning news outlets out there as well. The big ones tend to be left leaning for sure, and some big ones are very far left. But, there are a lot of right leaning ones out there as well. But, when you get to the major networks, NBC, CBS, ABC - all are left leaning. I hear it when I listen when certain terms are used over other terms. I see it in television shows that go out of their way to be 'woke'. I personally lean moderately left. But, to someone on the far left, I sound like a crazy conservative. To almost ALL conservatives I sound like a CNN watching hippie scumbag. This is the problem with Fox IMO. While NBC, CBS, and ABC lean left, Fox News is FAR right by most charts. Many Fox viewers feel their views are 'slightly' right of center, when they are often getting fed news that is far right of center and heavily opinionated.

I struggle with all of it because I think that it is all fairly hypocritical, and there isn't a really good way to get away from all of it.

There is no doubt there is MORE left leaning news agencies out there which greater national reach. But, at the same time, we see about a 50/50 split in politics, which may indicate that the news agencies don't have as much pull as some think, or that they really aren't leaning quite as far left as some people believe them to be. Those that watch CNN or FOX regularly may be far more likely to lean heavily in a certain direction, but there are a LOT of elected Republicans for a nation which sees a majority of left leaning news casts.

I'm not sure what causes these issues. I personally find a lot of hypocrisy with what I see from the right. I see it as well from the left, but not nearly as often, as deep, or as intrusive into the actual lives of people. This doesn't mean that both sides don't have issues. They do.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis