highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Well America hasn't completely collapsed. It's more like one person said in 2020: I'll take a chance once, but better not a second time. I should have stayed home like I did in '16.
Hasn't completely collapsed, but the wheels are losing lug nuts in a lot of places. Looks like some are trying to tighten them, but they aren't waiting for the car to stop.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Haven't watched fail army in ages. Like the one where the guy is reclining and the ceiling caves in. He's filled with insulation and says, What the f-ck just happened?? :D

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
UAW- not a big fan of unions. Never understood you pay dues to keep a job that is still susceptible to the market? I'm a believer if you're a good employee someone wants you somewhere. What the leader said is they would turn down a 21% pay increase. Instead 40% is what he's asking! Per Face the Nation. Btw, Margaret Brennan is great. Asks the tough questions. I liked when she said, How is that going to work when EV cost 40% less in labor? :D

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I think when I finally got capitalism is when I heard the reaction That's capitalism. It isn't a perfect system, but its the only one that works. The Ford executive makes $29 million per year. They make the tough decisions etc. It's how it is. Well the strike leader wants the whole enchilada LOL. 21% is pretty good.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
You go on Face the Nation and you have to be prepared for the questions LOL. Margaret Brennan is pretty great in that regard. Really the ideal of what journalism ought to be.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
That was another thing that was off putting. The leader said, We're tired of the decades of workers being stiffed! Like it doesnt work. You're not going to get everything you demand.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Unions- protect high wages and pensions? That the reason. Anyone?

I'm sure the leader is high balling at 40% wage increase to get the 25%. Gotta be.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
20% increase over 4 years is what was offered. The UAW turned it down. Get enough strikers behind it and they might get more. But 40% LOL.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Kind of a separate thought but one relating to executive bonuses. Like they're accused of being greedy bastards, and that may very well be true. However, like even if you wanted to give it away to the workers is it even realistic? Legal concerns and opening up a can of worms cause someone didn't get their thank you check. I'd just donate my bonus to a good cause.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Wow, talk about an interesting 'commodity' ! Kinda gives a whole new meaning to human trafficking ...........

The Biden administration is considering forcing migrants who cross into the U.S. to illegally remain in Texas while they wait out their asylum screening.

But the administration sued Texas to force it to remove a barrier the state floated in the Rio Grande in an effort to curb the historic level of illegal migration. The Biden administration also sued Arizona for building a barrier out of shipping containers on its border with Mexico.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
More or less to vent but I've never really experienced what I have been experiencing at my job at the apartment. Yeah I've had bad managers. There was this one who was top down. Literally just sits in his office the entire time while the restaurant runs itself. Really bad, but at least you didn't have to deal with him. Cause he was always in the office LOL.

This apt manager though is just bizarre. Clinical narcissist I dunno. But like doesn't give a damn. At. All. Very friendly and kind in a way. But doing anything regarding "managing" the complexes is non-existent. Literally there to sit in her office and look at the security cameras. DM was in to inspect the apts and my manager is looking down from the top floor at the trash all over the grounds. It's a bit trashed. Basically says it's the residents' fault. Like yeah, but you're suppose to have it picked up. Suggests if I have time I should finish what the regular maintenance started, but in a way that's like who really cares one way or the other.

Possibly the most bizarre of all is the manager is having an interview for a new job. The same job as a manager of a different apartment. Like how's that going to work? If you hate this job, and you're applying for another job with the same responsibilities, well how does that make sense?

I don't get it. Its twilight zone level.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
My feeling has been if the Democrats are a 4/10, the Republicans are a 4.5/10. Ah now see! We're better. *Cough* less worse. And that's what they live by.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Some more bizarre ones....

Old maintenance said I could tell the residents in whatever tone I like that I can't help them. (I joked with my boss I can give them the middle finger LOL.)

Don't offer to help them is code for I might send them to the office.

GM said she was surprised she didn't get a complaint on the far steps last winter. There was no real movement on it till I started working on the ice.

I was helping a kid get his item stuck in the vending machine. GM says she wish we could get rid of the damn thing. It's another thing that opens themselves up to being asked for help, so gotta close it down LOL.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not even sure where the thought came from, but my feeling on tips is wait people keep them. Their tips off set their lower wage. They do the thing the back of the house doesn't which is deal with people. As a cook you can leave a tip jar, but all this divying up I'm not a big fan of. Bartenders gets a little more interesting cause they pour drinks for the wait people.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
This one is funny

Jim Jordan
Remember, if the FBI can do it to a presidential candidate, they can do it to you too.

-----

If I keep top secret documents in my house, and refuse to return them after being asked, I hope they do.

So what you’re saying is, if I steal and refuse to give back classified documents I will be indicted? Hmmm, interesting

Dear Jim,
Yes, that’s true. No one is above the law. And btw Jim, this tweet makes you sound kind of stupid. You may want to delete it.
Sincerely, Your Former Congressional Colleague

I am not worried about me but you need to worry about you

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis