Raised by Wolves - HBO MAX

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Directed by Ridley Scott, so I had to give this a shot. It's not faced paced, acting is hit or miss, but I was entertained. C+ Sci-Fi.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
It gets a bit worse, Created by Ridley Scott, and a couple of episodes directed by him, the rest of the series will be directed by other people.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It was shot using the 3.4K Arri Alexa digital camera, mastered in 4K digital. So that's a good start. :D

It's getting some awesome user ratings and reviews on IMDB, so also a good start. :D

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I think Mother is awesome as a character so far, and one to remember for quite some time, like Ripley in Aliens.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I like it a lot so far. I think it has that Prometheus atmosphere.

I agree with the very high ratings on IMDB.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Trailers look very interesting. Too bad it is on HBO. May wait for the season to end and get a trial offer?

Last edited:
Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
For a second there I thought you were talking about my family.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Still waiting to know if only the 1st episode is on HBO and the rest on a weekly basis there?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Still waiting to know if only the 1st episode is on HBO and the rest on a weekly basis there?
It is on HBO Max Streaming service, not regular HBO. There are a total of 10 episodes for Season 1.

Only Episodes 1-3 were released on Sept 3.

Episodes 4-5 are supposed to be released Sept 10.

They may release 1, 2, or 3 episodes at a time each week until all 10 episodes are released for season 1.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

It is on HBO Max Streaming service, not regular HBO. There are a total of 10 episodes for Season 1.

They may release 1, 2, or 3 episodes at a time each week until all 10 episodes are released for season 1.
Super, thanks. I will wait until all are out.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I watched the pilot episode free via YouTube via Roku.
I guess HBO decided to use it to sucker/lure people into the series!
I now feel dirty, used, and cheap!

Are there any promotional discounts for HBO Max? All I have seen is one week free before you start paying. I could binge watch the season in a week, but I am fine with paying $15 to have a month to watch it at my leasure!
I believe there are a total of 10 episodes. 6 are currently out and they released the first on Sept 3 with weekly releases.
Based on that, I would assume they released 3 episodes every week? I don't want to sign up without being certain I will be able to watch the last episode of the season!

First episode also available here for free (trailer at top and episode is second video down): It is free, but looks like you have to provide your email address before they will give it to you, so I'd suggest getting it from YouTube if that matters!

Here it is straight from YouTube, you can cast to your TV on most systems if you don't have access through your streaming device:

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I watched the pilot episode free via YouTube via Roku.
I guess HBO decided to use it to sucker/lure people into the series!
I now feel dirty, used, and cheap!

Are there any promotional discounts for HBO Max? All I have seen is one week free before you start paying. I could binge watch the season in a week, but I am fine with paying $15 tp have a month to watch it at my leasure!
I believe there are a total of 10 episodes. 6 are currently out and they released the first on Sept 3 with weekly releases.
Based on that, I would assume they released 3 episodes every week? I don't want to sign up without being certain I will be able to watch the last episode of the season!

First episode also available here for free (trailer at top and episode is second video down): It is free, but looks like you have to provide your email address before they will give it to you, so I'd suggest getting it from YouTube if that matters!

Here it is straight from YouTube, you can cast to your TV on most systems if you don'y have access through your streaming device:
Thanks.
Looks like they release a couple every week so I will wait a few more weeks and binge with that 7 day free trial.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
When did you guys get so cheap?
We're not cheap! We're old!
We grew up with free TV programming. Later, if you paid ONCE for a 8' diameter satellite dish you could still get everything free, even that whack-o guy talking about alien invasions 24/7!
Netflix is hard enough to stomach!
We have full height bookcases full of CD's! No, we're not doing any of that cloud stuff. What cha gonna do when it's sunny? Ever think about that?
When we stream something, it comes out our pecker (unless we over-compensated with the prune juice)!
F'ing punk-ass kids don't know nothing!

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

So, I watched everything available so far (1-5) and I have to say that I am sucked in. They keep on adding on twists so you won't get bored. They tease many mysteries one after another.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
So, I watched everything available so far (1-5) and I have to say that I am sucked in. They keep on adding on twists so you won't get bored. They tease many mysteries one after another.

Yeah, it is interesting how common this seems to be these days (shows where their is little to no "core of stability/comfort" - where the heroes may actually be villians, etc),
Recently there have been a couple of stories about how people have gone to binge watching "comfort shows" like Friends and The Office. The theory (which seems pretty sound to me) is that people are looking for "easy" shows that are predictable/formulaic in these times of chaotic politics and health concerns.
I wonder if Raised by Wolves will be enjoyed by many, but not quite the GOT type block-buster it might otherwise be (of course this is speculation, we don't yet know RBW is in the same league as GOT), and later, get a second wind of popularity after life regains stablity!

I wouldn't consider this a spoiler because it happens early in the first episode and does not (at least in the first episode) seem to be significant to the plot (other than as symbolism)
... but whats up with an android howling like a wolf? Of all the things to program, why that? I guess that (and humming to a dead child) are indications that she is not Data from STNG!
Kind of reminds me of the robot on Lost In Space being programmed to "panic"; flailing his arms around and shouting "Danger, Danger" when poop gets upside down, lol!

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, it is interesting how common this seems to be these days (shows where their is little to no "core of stability/comfort" - where the heroes may actually be villians, etc),
Recently there have been a couple of stories about how people have gone to binge watching "comfort shows" like Friends and The Office. The theory (which seems pretty sound to me) is that people are looking for "easy" shows that are predictable/formulaic in these times of chaotic politics and health concerns.
I wonder if Raised by Wolves will be enjoyed by many, but not quite the GOT type block-buster it might otherwise be (of course this is speculation, we don't yet know RBW is in the same league as GOT), and later, get a second wind of popularity after life regains stablity!
Well, I'm not sure comparing GOT with RBW, but the latter does have a mother of dragons of sorts (no spoilers I hope)

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Well, I'm not sure comparing GOT with RBW, but the latter does have a mother of dragons of sorts (no spoilers I hope)
Yeah, GOT may be a stretch, but the momentum is impressive!
Go to YouTube and search for Raised By Wolves and look at all of the analysis podcasts, etc around this show. I guess a big factor is more people at home without their normal social outlets, who might be generating videos, but I was surprised at how many there are! Maybe this is true for all shows, not something I normally do, but I was looking to see if episode 2 was also available!
It would be nowhere near as fun, but you could certainly learn all about RBW without ever watching the actual show!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis