Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
Making a low impedance Radio Frequency connection from your listening room to Planet Earth is nearly impossible. (this is something that new Ham radio operators are repeatedly told)
Connections to your ground rod system accomplish nothing in reducing RFI interference.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
New update: the wireless speaker transmitters fixed the problem! There is some latency, but I'm hoping the AVR's room correction will fix it. I appreciate all the help!
So the RF blockers I made solved the problem on the front three, but not enough for the longer surround speaker leads. If you could put those speaker leads in steel conduit, then I think that would solve it. You may need to do that if you have too much latency from the radio solution.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Making a low impedance Radio Frequency connection from your listening room to Planet Earth is nearly impossible. (this is something that new Ham radio operators are repeatedly told)
Connections to your ground rod system accomplish nothing in reducing RFI interference.
Who was saying that it would? We have been talking first order RF blockers in the +ve speaker leads!

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
Who was saying that it would? We have been talking first order RF blockers in the +ve speaker leads!
Post #14 suggests the the AC power system connection to Planet Earth may be involved.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Post #14 suggests the the AC power system connection to Planet Earth may be involved.
I suppose you could interpret it that way, however I think he was just talking about noise in general.

However the good news is that the tuned RF blockers I designed and fabricated, eliminated most of his problem. I just surprised this old man still knows how to do it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis