Questions about Sony noise-cancelling headphones

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I bought a pair of Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones. They will hard-wire to a headphone output. But hopefully I can BT connect them. I do not know a lot about that yet. They are charging for a a couple more hours, but I would like to connect them to my Fire Stick 4K max or my Sony XBR-65850E TV and also my Roku TV in the master bedroom. Will any or all of the above work? I do not suppose they will BT connect to either of my receivers as that BT is input only I imagine.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Cool. I just got it paired with my Amazon Fire Stick. But the Roku TV doesn't seem to have the connection. Oh well, I'll hard wire for that one I suppose.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Also wondering if I need the app if the phone is not my audio source. In other words, does the app have settings that I might need? I think it has an EQ. But again, I wonder if that is if your phone or tablet is your source. For me, it will not be, unless I fly someday, then yeah.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I got it working with the Roku TV now too via the Roku tablet app. And the Sony headphone app seems to be for set up it. Haven't explored it all yet. But happy I don't have to hard-wire connect with both systems. One cool feature is if you take off your headphones, if you are watching something streaming, the video pauses. It has a proximity sensor in one cup.

S

ScrubbBussy

Enthusiast
You can connect it to anything that accepts (modern) Bluetooth connections. The Sony app works well when using the headphones on the move, and has several features that I have come to enjoy. Otherwise, whatever Bluetooth source is pushing audio to your headphones can often work as an EQ.
Check out the gesture controls for your headphones, they will be listed in the app. I find them intuitive and useful.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I have it working on my two systems. Via Firestick on one and the Roku tablet app with the Roku TV on the other.

B

badnishant79

Audiophyte
Just noise-cancellation doesn't help blocking the conversation. It is good in dampening low-frequency noise like that of fans. Say there are people talking in a room with a fan running, noise-cancellation will almost completely damped the fan, but the speech will only be muffled. If you play light music, it will almost block out speech as well (but not completely).

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Just noise-cancellation doesn't help blocking the conversation. It is good in dampening low-frequency noise like that of fans. Say there are people talking in a room with a fan running, noise-cancellation will almost completely damped the fan, but the speech will only be muffled. If you play light music, it will almost block out speech as well (but not completely).
For blocking noise outside, it works very well.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis