Question about Home Theater pre-wiring

S

Shankar

Audiophyte
Hi,

I need opinion on home theater pre-wiring spots in a new house.
There are two rooms (Great Room and a Media Room) in the house. I have attached layouts of the rooms along with the proposed positions for the pre-wiring.
There are no existing speakers or projector etc. starting from scratch.
Could any one comment/suggest any changes?
Appreciate any help!

Thank you!
GreatRoom_Pre-wiring.jpg

MediaRoom_Pre-wiring.jpg

Last edited:
WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

You will need speaker wiring going from wherever the AVR will be to all the speaker locations.

You will need a cable feeding the video signal from the AVR to the video display (TV or projector).

If any of your source components require an internet connection, you will need a CAT5 or 6 cable run from the modem to the source component.

If any source component requires a signal from an outboard antenna, such as a satellite receiver or TIVO DVR, you will need coaxial cable (preferably RG6) from the antenna to the component.

Some satellite receiver also require a land line phone connection, so you will need to run a phone cable for that.

That should cover it.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

S

Shankar

Audiophyte
You will need speaker wiring going from wherever the AVR will be to all the speaker locations.

You will need a cable feeding the video signal from the AVR to the video display (TV or projector).

If any of your source components require an internet connection, you will need a CAT5 or 6 cable run from the modem to the source component.

If any source component requires a signal from an outboard antenna, such as a satellite receiver or TIVO DVR, you will need coaxial cable (preferably RG6) from the antenna to the component.

Some satellite receiver also require a land line phone connection, so you will need to run a phone cable for that.

That should cover it.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Thank you Wayne! I am specifically looking for advice on the positioning of speakers and sub woofer.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis