Question about blu ray players!!

J

Joseman37

Audioholic Intern
Hello there.
I was wondering if I need to do any sound settings to my blu ray player in order to get the sound out to my AVR?

Thank you and stay healthy

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There are likely audio settings to pay attention to, sure. What player and what concerns?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Make sure the Audio Output setting is set to "Pass-Through" or "Bitstream" in BD player.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Set-up of a blu-ray player or an AVR is not that easy unless you are an AV technician, or you are quite knowledgeable with AV equipment from experience.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Set-up of a blu-ray player or an AVR is not that easy unless you are an AV technician, or you are quite knowledgeable with AV equipment from experience.
Reading the manual is a good start, though.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Agree, but we still get a lot of questions about them because some sections are not always well explained for the newbie.
Well, if you follow the basic setup instructions and put the speakers in the right place, and run the sound calibration check w/microphone, it will do 3/4 of the setup for you.

The last part is easy. Leave everything on auto. The Blu-ray Disc player should output the highest quality audio that the receiver supports and the receiver will convert that audio to the best possible sound for the room.

The real problems arise when people start to try to get fancy with their setups. Auto is almost always the best choice when connecting a BD player to a AVR.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, if you follow the basic setup instructions and put the speakers in the right place, and run the sound calibration check w/microphone, it will do 3/4 of the setup for you.

The last part is easy. Leave everything on auto. The Blu-ray Disc player should output the highest quality audio that the receiver supports and the receiver will convert that audio to the best possible sound for the room.

The real problems arise when people start to try to get fancy with their setups. Auto is almost always the best choice when connecting a BD player to a AVR.
Except when you know what you're doing ;)

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
I installed my OPPO-205 over two years ago and while I believe I maximized its performance for music and movies from most of the OPPO's inputs, I still am not knowledgeable enough to get a good music or movie experience from HDMI connection between my laptop and OPPO, whereby, movies on iTunes look about as bad as VHS and music from Foobar 2000 is prone to sequential dropouts. Also, the OPPO's multi-channel bass management was/is somewhat mind boggling regarding its process of low frequency bass distribution to subwoofer from front mains, whether there is bass information in .1 channel of media or not. Seems the OPPO redirects the bass in front channels to the subwoofer output when there is no active .1 as well as when there is .1 information from media. At any rate, it sounds great so I have deliberately stepped away from over thinking it. My advise to OP is just make the BD Player connection to AVR and follow the Player's Quick Play instructons.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis