Quebec Forest Fires

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
And with all the air conditioning equipment outpouring heat outside also contributes to warmer air. That's really scary!
Well there are other such effects from our habits....black asphalt and buildings covering land with little greenery involved. Saw something the other day saying all underground in urban areas is very much effected with rising temperatures from our placing extra heat there with our infrastructure.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm not sure it works that way. Look at the planet Venus It got super-hot when the cloud cover got thicker. If that's the case, then the smoke will only help to increase the heat. Kinda like a global sauna.:(
When Mount Pinatubo erupted, the average global temperature dropped for two years. Whether it works depends on what is under the cloud cover. If the particulates are relatively inert, Sunlight will be blocked and cooling can occur.

highfigh

highfigh

And with all the air conditioning equipment outpouring heat outside also contributes to warmer air. That's really scary!
Every HVAC system on the planet is just a blip WRT btu when compared to volcanic activity.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
But the thread is about Quebec, so I was referring to the number of fires in that province. Yeah, more than 500 separate fires- hard to come up with a good way to fight all of them.
Were you aware that it has been reported that at least one of the active fires in British Columbia will burn until the first snow storms?

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
All I know the recent status of Canadian smoke is getting to close to home.
Screenshot 2023-07-20 082916.jpg

highfigh

highfigh

How could they not affect the climate? Kilauea has been active for most of the last 40 years.

Check this out-

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How could they not affect the climate? Kilauea has been active for most of the last 40 years.

Check this out-

I didn't say that they had no effect. FWIW seems biggest problem from the earth itself now seems to be the melting permafrost and the extra gasses as a result.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
The has made Chicago the worst city for Air Quality in the world last week, not that we needed much help.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The has made Chicago the worst city for Air Quality in the world last week, not that we needed much help.
Unlikely compared to places adjacent to the fires....maybe for large metro areas in general.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
One day two weeks ago, Montreal also had the World worst air quality because of forest fires.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
One day two weeks ago, Montreal also had the World worst air quality because of forest fires.
You guys still need to be right next to a major fire with appropriate wind direction to really experience poor air quality....

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
You guys still need to be right next to a major fire with appropriate wind direction to really experience poor air quality....
Not necessarily. The fires were not close to Montreal but the strong winds carried the smoke which was accompanied by city pollutants as well.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not necessarily. The fires were not close to Montreal but the strong winds carried the smoke which was accompanied by other city pollutants.
With wind directing both smoke and fire danger towards your home is a thing...sounds like you haven't had the experiences I've had (which is a good thing, wouldn't wish that on anyone but will become more common in years to come)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not necessarily. The fires were not close to Montreal but the strong winds carried the smoke which was accompanied by city pollutants as well.
Still not the same thing....from experience.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Still not the same thing....from experience.
It was the first time that Montreal was reported as having the worst Worldwide air quality in its whole history. The cause was the forest fires which added to the usual large city pollution.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis