Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Samsung wants to complete with oled .
qled are popular but not as good as oled for blacks .

Qned is another name for it ,

Opinions?? Are those worth waiting for over today’s top oleds
This model is affordable already This is one of lg oleds
Samsung wants to beat picture quality wise ... https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-65-class-cx-series-oled-4k-uhd-smart-webos-tv/6401850.p?skuId=6401850

What does quantum dot add more colors ?
Wider color gamut then qled ?
What’s are odds of them being affordable

I’m sure other brands will find something to copy it with ...
I’m a fan of Samsung so looking forward to something better then qled led lcd there top model now .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
QNED and QD-OLED are not the same thing.

They are also technologies from different (and potentially competing) divisions within Samsung.

I believe QD-OLED is coming from Samsung Electronics.
QNED is coming from Samsung Display.
(I may have that flip-flopped)

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
QNED and QD-OLED are not the same thing.

They are also technologies from different (and potentially competing) divisions within Samsung.

I believe QD-OLED is coming from Samsung Electronics.
QNED is coming from Samsung Display.
(I may have that flip-flopped)
Ahh both from different wings in same company wonder which will be cheaper ? My guess is qd oled will be better for affordability..
Qned sounds amazing too
Sad qned probably coming sooner 2021

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Must be as popular as curved TVs anyone else got any information on these ?

Qned sound worth waiting for if oled can burn in .

Last edited:
P

ParisB

Audioholic
Samsung is too much of a marketing machine for my tastes. They try to make everything sound cool and innovative. I don't really pay attention to them anymore..

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Samsung is too much of a marketing machine for my tastes. They try to make everything sound cool and innovative. I don't really pay attention to them anymore..
That makes ZERO sense. I mean, just that simple. Samsung is one of the largest electronics manufacturers in the world. You are free not to buy from them if you want, but at the end of the day, the Q90T series displays may be the best LCDs on the market right now. The only thing better is the CX series from LG, which isn't as bright and may not be appropriate depending on the room you are putting it into.

Samsung is a beast. Yes, they are also marketing juggernauts. Such is life.

Skip the hype and go to actual hardware review websites to get the low-down on what the displays really look like. YouTube is your friend. Then just skip/ignore those advertisements.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
QD OLED and QNED are both from Samsung Display. QD OLED is the current technology which Samsung Electronics is refusing to use. Samsung Electronics will offer mostly more of the same with some mini LED TVs on the high end. Display will be selling the panels to other manufacturers.

QNED is Samsung display's panel of the near future. The difference is instead of a blue OLED pixel, it uses an inorganic pixel which shouldn't have a problem with burn in. The QD layer will manage the colors in both.

I think QD OLED is already dead even though we may see some TVs with it. QNED seems to be the best of all worlds as a display technology.

P

ParisB

Audioholic
That makes ZERO sense. I mean, just that simple. Samsung is one of the largest electronics manufacturers in the world. You are free not to buy from them if you want, but at the end of the day, the Q90T series displays may be the best LCDs on the market right now. The only thing better is the CX series from LG, which isn't as bright and may not be appropriate depending on the room you are putting it into.

Samsung is a beast. Yes, they are also marketing juggernauts. Such is life.

Skip the hype and go to actual hardware review websites to get the low-down on what the displays really look like. YouTube is your friend. Then just skip/ignore those advertisements.
I'm well aware of their pros and cons as a TV, and they're not the best. My statement stands.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I'm well aware of their pros and cons as a TV, and they're not the best. My statement stands.
Which brand is better lg ?? Sony Android os is super buggy

Shame the qd oled idea was scrapped so quickly I looked forward to them.
Could another brand end up buying the patent for them ??

Or normal oled best there going to be and no quantum dots ??
It seems many brands use them for lcd led !!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
So... What is the 'best' in your analytical point of view? I mean, other than LG OLED displays which are well established as 'the best'. Sony OLED is also arguably right there with LG with a few exceptions. But, those are still LG panels.

I just don't think people should be going by "I don't like them because of their marketing." - That's separate from their quality.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
So... What is the 'best' in your analytical point of view? I mean, other than LG OLED displays which are well established as 'the best'. Sony OLED is also arguably right there with LG with a few exceptions. But, those are still LG panels.

I just don't think people should be going by "I don't like them because of their marketing." - That's separate from their quality.
Yep. I don't buy Samsung because I don't like their software, but they've been one of the best electronics manufacturers out there. They just like to screw up their software to a point where the device isn't useful anymore. All you have to do to fix that is buy a new one.

I'm sure it's not so bad when it comes to a TV since you can just go to an input and be done. I've seen multiple manufacturers do "too much" when it comes to how in your face their TV interface is. My Panasonic came with ad banners enabled, WTF is up with that?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Yep. I don't buy Samsung because I don't like their software, but they've been one of the best electronics manufacturers out there. They just like to screw up their software to a point where the device isn't useful anymore. All you have to do to fix that is buy a new one.

I'm sure it's not so bad when it comes to a TV since you can just go to an input and be done. I've seen multiple manufacturers do "too much" when it comes to how in your face their TV interface is. My Panasonic came with ad banners enabled, WTF is up with that?
Samsung TVs come with their 'Smart Center' or whatever it is called enabled by default. But, it is something that you can turn off and disable. That's all I really care about. What is the image quality and how reliable is the display? Can I get baseline control to power it on and off and switch inputs through IR, RS232, IP, or something else? If I can, then I'm typically satisfied with baseline controls. But, at the end of the day, it's a TV and I want top shelf image quality.

If their phones suck, WHO CARES? I mean, seriously, how much JVC stuff do you have in your life? I'm guessing, not a lot. But, if you wanted a top of the line home projector, that is THE brand to be looking at.

I don't care about other departments or divisions or anything else. If they deliver on product quality in a specific segment (front displays, in this particular case), I rarely care about the rest. More importantly, if I do care that they dice up babies to make their LCDs ** , then I just wouldn't buy them. It wouldn't actually make their display quality worse, just their morals really bad.

** - To my knowledge no babies are harmed in the making of any displays

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Samsung TVs come with their 'Smart Center' or whatever it is called enabled by default. But, it is something that you can turn off and disable. That's all I really care about. What is the image quality and how reliable is the display? Can I get baseline control to power it on and off and switch inputs through IR, RS232, IP, or something else? If I can, then I'm typically satisfied with baseline controls. But, at the end of the day, it's a TV and I want top shelf image quality.

If their phones suck, WHO CARES? I mean, seriously, how much JVC stuff do you have in your life? I'm guessing, not a lot. But, if you wanted a top of the line home projector, that is THE brand to be looking at.

I don't care about other departments or divisions or anything else. If they deliver on product quality in a specific segment (front displays, in this particular case), I rarely care about the rest. More importantly, if I do care that they dice up babies to make their LCDs ** , then I just wouldn't buy them. It wouldn't actually make their display quality worse, just their morals really bad.

** - To my knowledge no babies are harmed in the making of any displays
I totally agree with you, that's why I made my point. The hardware samsung produces is top notch. All of it for the most part. Their issue is software. Even their range tops have software issues. If Samsung made software as good as their hardware, they'd be almost unstoppable (for the most part). They are getting close to being the top chip manufacturer on the planet, if they aren't already.

I only bring up their phones to make the same point, beyond fantastic hardware screwed up by software. If you can disable the stuff on their TVs, then they're like my Panasonic, and that's great. You don't have to see that stuff unless you want to. When I first got the TV, nobody had found the banner disable setting and people were freaking out. Luckily it was found and I've had an excellent set for the last 8 years. Samsung is similar to that. Great products that are reliable, unless software issues cause problems. I've seen it happen on TVs, phones, even refrigerators. If it wasn't a common theme from them I wouldn't have brought it up.

For people that actually use the smart TV features is a big frustration, for us, no big deal since we don't use that stuff anyway. My Vizio is the same, crappy software on a good TV. From what I've read LG is one of the only ones that DON'T have software issues (yet, give them time). BTW, LG makes excellent appliances too.

My parents are still annoyed Samsung won't update their Plex app. Nothing a little FireTV stick couldn't fix, but stil. This is why we've all just told people to buy the TV for the picture quality and how reliable it is, not for smart features. I for one can't wait till Samsung finally moves away from LCD and does something new. LG will finally have some competition for the very top spot, and that's good for everyone.

Plus, I'll have you know that I actually DO have a JVC product that is fantastic and ISN'T one of their projectors, the deck in my truck is a JVC/Kenwood and it's fantastic. So, if I were to judge JVC on that, then I'd say JVC makes pretty good stuff. :)

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I totally agree with you, that's why I made my point. The hardware samsung produces is top notch. All of it for the most part. Their issue is software. Even their range tops have software issues. If Samsung made software as good as their hardware, they'd be almost unstoppable (for the most part). They are getting close to being the top chip manufacturer on the planet, if they aren't already.

I only bring up their phones to make the same point, beyond fantastic hardware screwed up by software. If you can disable the stuff on their TVs, then they're like my Panasonic, and that's great. You don't have to see that stuff unless you want to. When I first got the TV, nobody had found the banner disable setting and people were freaking out. Luckily it was found and I've had an excellent set for the last 8 years. Samsung is similar to that. Great products that are reliable, unless software issues cause problems. I've seen it happen on TVs, phones, even refrigerators. If it wasn't a common theme from them I wouldn't have brought it up.

For people that actually use the smart TV features is a big frustration, for us, no big deal since we don't use that stuff anyway. My Vizio is the same, crappy software on a good TV. From what I've read LG is one of the only ones that DON'T have software issues (yet, give them time). BTW, LG makes excellent appliances too.

My parents are still annoyed Samsung won't update their Plex app. Nothing a little FireTV stick couldn't fix, but stil. This is why we've all just told people to buy the TV for the picture quality and how reliable it is, not for smart features. I for one can't wait till Samsung finally moves away from LCD and does something new. LG will finally have some competition for the very top spot, and that's good for everyone.

Plus, I'll have you know that I actually DO have a JVC product that is fantastic and ISN'T one of their projectors, the deck in my truck is a JVC/Kenwood and it's fantastic. So, if I were to judge JVC on that, then I'd say JVC makes pretty good stuff. :)
Ahh I’d buy a Samsung if qned hits the market in a few years .. nah probably cannot get another tv til one of mine go bad .. parents will cry why you need another tv If yours still works.

I would like a oled but I’m afraid of burn in . My plasma when heavily used a few weeks was showing signs of ghosting but no burn in.

Why did Panasonic and pioneer quit making televisions??

I hate my 4k tv if you read my posts but there are far better models out now but only the flagship models are really better.
If I get a ps5 someday I could use the 4k TV.. it’s good for gaming just not hdr

I probably won’t get another Sony my Android smart TVs is super buggy .

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
Panasonic still makes TVs, they just aren't sold in the US. Supposedly their high end OLEDs are coming here soon but I think just through one retailer.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Panasonic still makes TVs, they just aren't sold in the US. Supposedly their high end OLEDs are coming here soon but I think just through one retailer.
Ahh I see those models are the real expensive ones ?? Must be amazing
USA must be bad market for Panasonic?

I downsized my bedroom tv to a 42” panny 1080p plasma since my Sony 4k model looked bad for movies ...
I may eventually use it again when I start watching more Netflix .
I’m not sure how a old plasma can beat led tv picture quality so easy.
Problem is it’s too heavy for me to move it now 70pounds .. 30 pounds over the led
Did weight kill plasma ?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Plasma TVs were expensive to repair and Manufacture.
This plus the fact that 4K was looming and some manufacturers were already making 4K panels even though HDMI 1.4 was the highest version at the time so no HDR or anything above 30 fps (IIRC). Those TVs weren't that great, but it made Panasonic (the last plasma maker) make a decision to stop making plasmas, or retool their plant for 4k panels. I would imagine your reasons plus the cost of retooling the plant made them stop production. It sucks, but it makes sense.

Hell, you couldn't even lay the boxes down for transport or you would risk the screen breaking.

I'm glad I will have an upgrade path when mine finally decides to croak, but I don't think that will happen soon.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
This plus the fact that 4K was looming and some manufacturers were already making 4K panels even though HDMI 1.4 was the highest version at the time so no HDR or anything above 30 fps (IIRC). Those TVs weren't that great, but it made Panasonic (the last plasma maker) make a decision to stop making plasmas, or retool their plant for 4k panels. I would imagine your reasons plus the cost of retooling the plant made them stop production. It sucks, but it makes sense.

Hell, you couldn't even lay the boxes down for transport or you would risk the screen breaking.

I'm glad I will have an upgrade path when mine finally decides to croak, but I don't think that will happen soon.
They where Heavvvy, plus put out lots of heat. My Samsung 3D 51" ate up like 230 watts.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis