highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Very few places stand still. ;) :)
City of Milwaukee topped out around 723K in the early-'60s and and dropped below 600K around 2000- hasn't increased much since then. The stock market allowed a lot of people to move out, to larger properties and mainly, out of the county- I have a friend in the county to the North and his house and lot are larger, but his property tax bill is about 60% of mine.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

City of Milwaukee topped out around 723K in the early-'60s and and dropped below 600K around 2000- hasn't increased much since then. The stock market allowed a lot of people to move out, to larger properties and mainly, out of the county- I have a friend in the county to the North and his house and lot are larger, but his property tax bill is about 60% of mine.
Yep, it didn't stand still, expanding or contracting. ;) :) Time moves on and people move with it but in two direction.
Property tax as evaluation changes. We had a drop not long ago but neighborhood didn't change, just evaluation with the economy. I took it.

highfigh

highfigh

From everywhere.. It's just BIG now...
Big and crimey- I used to watch one of the PHX channels for news and stopped after it showed too much crazy & stupid. Is wrong way driving still a big problem? It started to become really bad here, after they reconfigured the freeway interchanges and ramps.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Big and crimey- I used to watch one of the PHX channels for news and stopped after it showed too much crazy & stupid. Is wrong way driving still a big problem? It started to become really bad here, after they reconfigured the freeway interchanges and ramps.
Yes , wrong way driving is a thing here, but i suspect that "how bad it is" depends on how much the news wants to emphasize it...we still get several per month...it's invariably a drunk or really old person that gets turned around...

highfigh

highfigh

Yes , wrong way driving is a thing here, but i suspect that "how bad it is" depends on how much the news wants to emphasize it...we still get several per month...it's invariably a drunk or really old person that gets turned around...
I didn't see anything that would be as confusing as it is here- used to be, if you were heading in a particular direction and needed to go left or right, you stayed in the left or right lane, respectively. Now, it's the opposite- the exit lanes pass over or under the main ones, so it's very easy to be in the wrong lane, which tends to cause three-lane turns, just to get in someone elses' way and cause a crash.

The rampant car thefts aren't helping, either- since Jan 1, MKE has had more than 800, many with high speed chase.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That happened on the regular where I grew up. There were only ~120k people there. One of the worst places I've lived when it comes to bad drivers.

highfigh

highfigh

That happened on the regular where I grew up. There were only ~120k people there. One of the worst places I've lived when it comes to bad drivers.
Come to Milwaukee, but drive a military tank.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Come to Milwaukee, but drive a military tank.
I've heard enough from you to be perfectly fine with the fact that I've never been to Milwaukee. Florida is much worse than west TX too, but I've never lived there. Glad to have gotten out alive.

highfigh

highfigh

I've heard enough from you to be perfectly fine with the fact that I've never been to Milwaukee. Florida is much worse than west TX too, but I've never lived there. Glad to have gotten out alive.
To be fair, I have had almost zero problems with anyone since I bought my house slightly outside of the city limits, although 'outside' doesn't really apply since I'm only two blocks away. One guy glared at me as he walked past my car in a grocery store parking lot after I had waited for him to exit his car, so I could park in the adjacent spot. I didn't see any reason to crowd or rush him, so I waited. He walked past, glaring and shaking his head as if he was saying "No!" in the way pro football players do it after denying a touchdown. Another guy flipped me off as I went around a corner- I didn't have a stop sign, he did and he never stopped, so apparently, I was the bad guy. Two women didn't like me saying that pedestrians have right of way, but it never went beyond these gestures. Aside from that, I find people to be generally friendly, although some just act like idiots. That said, so many people do absolutely nothing to care for the area where they live that I can't understand how they can look at it. The murders and shooting are hard to comprehend- everyone wants it to stop, but they're looking for someone else to make it happen.

That said, Summerfest is still pretty cool and being able to go boating is a good thing, although the water has a lot of trash floating on it after storms because, again, people don't clean up after themselves. It's mind-boggling.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
If nothing else, the QANON believers are consistent about three things. First, their ludicrous predictions are always 100% wrong. Second, they always find a ludicrous explanation for why their last ludicrous prediction proved to be wrong. Third, they always move on to an even more ludicrous new prediction.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

If nothing else, the QANON believers are consistent about three things. First, their ludicrous predictions are always 100% wrong. Second, they always find a ludicrous explanation for why their last ludicrous prediction proved to be wrong. Third, they always move on to an even more ludicrous new prediction.
But, they are not the only ones to follow those three steps. ;) :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
But, they are not the only ones to follow those three steps. ;) :)
Yep. This is pretty much par for the course of any cult in history. They typically go through this same stuff until nothing can shake their faith. Even their leader admitting it was all BS.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Sounds like they found the dangerous 'Q'
It wouldn't surprise me if Ron Watkins is one of the people posting as Q, but I suspect there was more than one (second link below)).

Slate has an interesting article about the HBO series.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
It is interesting that even educated people get sucked into the Q wackiness:

>>>Every morning, Valerie Gilbert, a Harvard-educated writer and actress, wakes up in her Upper East Side apartment in New York City; feeds her dog, Milo, and her cats, Marlena and Celeste; brews a cup of coffee; and sits down at her oval dining room table.

Then, she opens her laptop and begins fighting the global cabal.

Gilbert, 57, is a believer in QAnon, the pro-Trump conspiracy theory. Like all QAnon faithful, she is convinced that the world is run by a Satanic group of pedophiles that includes top Democrats and Hollywood elites, and that President Donald Trump has spent years leading a top-secret mission to bring these evildoers to justice. . . .

Gilbert’s elite pedigree — she attended the Dalton School in Manhattan and worked on The Harvard Lampoon with Conan O’Brien in the 1980s — illustrates the wide range of people who have ended up in Q’s thrall. . . .

As an adult, she joined the anti-establishment left, advocating animal rights and supporting the Standing Rock oil pipeline protests. She admired the hacktivist group Anonymous and looked up to whistleblowers like Julian Assange and Edward Snowden. She was a registered Democrat for most of her life, but she voted for Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate, in the 2016 presidential election after deciding that both major parties were corrupt. <<<

>>>In the summer of 2017, Lenka Perron was spending hours every day after work online, poring over fevered theories about shadowy people in power. . . . QAnon believers are part of a broader swath of Americans who are immersed in conspiracy theories. Once on the far-right fringes, these theories now hold people from across the political spectrum in their thrall, from anti-lockdown libertarians to left-wing wellness types and “Stop the Steal” Trumpists. . . .

The theories were fiction, but they hooked into an emotional vulnerability that sprang from something real. For Perron, it was a feeling that the Democratic Party had betrayed her after a lifetime of trusting it deeply. Her immigrant family, from the former Yugoslavia, were union Democrats in working-class Detroit who had seen their middle-class lifestyle decline after the passage of the North American Free Trade Agreement. . . .

When she first left QAnon, she felt a lot of shame and guilt. It was also humbling: Perron, who has a master’s degree, had looked down on Scientologists as people who believed crazy things. But there she was.<<<

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Sounds like they found the dangerous 'Q'
Unless it's a pimp job to get attention...Q is going to be having some legal issues whenever it's verified....i wouldn't count on this being decided.. Just yet...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Unless it's a pimp job to get attention...Q is going to be having some legal issues whenever it's verified....i wouldn't count on this being decided.. Just yet...
If it were me I would drag those idiots on for as long as I can. Then come out and tell them it was all a lie to see how much nonsense people would believe.

I feel like it's the same for the flat earth guy. A blatant internet troll dumb people took seriously. Now it's too big to back out. Same with Q, but it'd be so difficult to not tell them it's all a made up pile of BS.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis