radridd

radridd

Audioholic
Watched this BD last night and highly recommend it. Always been a gangster movie fan. Picture quality is very good. Sound is in DTS HD and although I could not crank it (sleeping family). The gunfire scenes were intense. Can't wait to watch it again tonight with no restraints!

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Glad to hear you liked it, I have it but haven't watched it yet.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I also enjoyed it. The character development is rather minimal, but I've read that this is not a bad thing, because very little is known about John Dillinger's early life. The compelling part of the movie is how the plot unfolds.

I've also read that Mann pays very close attention to gunfire audio. I guess that's not surprising since he did direct "Heat".

I thought it looked excellent, though some people complain about the "video" quality. Others would argue that perhaps it was done on purpose, to better transport the viewer to that time.

People were dressed very well. I want some of those suits.

The one gangster movie I am still waiting on to come out on BD is Miller's Crossing.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
i just watched this movie and found it to be really bad, it had no plot to it, was just random bank robberies and random shootouts, had no idea what the idea behind it was the entire time

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
I thought it was interesting, in that this is a look into a notorious gangster's personal and "professional" life. Well acted, certainly, but I didn't find it terribly compelling and nearly fell asleep somewhere in the middle. :(

cheers,
supervij

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I thought it was good, but felt it could have been better. My understanding is that it is historically inaccurate as well, but it was a worthwhile rental.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
the issue i had with this movie was a lack of a solid plot, the entire movie seemed thrown together without a purpose.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis