PSB Imagine T Floorstanding Loudspeaker Review

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't want to hear the Imagines because I have my heart and budget set on the Image T6.;)
I need to audition their new Image line as well to see how improved they are over the older line. I'm not expecting a huge difference between the old and new models but I've been wrong before. I would expect a much bigger improvement of the Imagines over the Images.

I realize that I'm the biggest fanboy of PSB on this forum but its not without reason. When I purchased my PSBs, I compared them to Axiom. Paradigm Monitor Line and Polk audio and I really liked PSB's performance for the price over the others. If I had more cash, I would have jumped up to Paradigm's studio line but the money just wasn't there. That being said, I have no regrets at all from buying them. The Image series I own now and I suspect the new model line-up as well is equally adept in music and HT as Josten puts it.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
So the polypropylene drivers are now also clay-ceramic filled...
Adding something like clay-ceramic or mica particles to polypropylene cones has been around nearly as long as poly cones. It is a way to make the poly cone stiffer.
Oh yeah, something I was thinking about. When I see you, or someone like Swerd, who has been following DIY designs, with experience building them, and yet still decides to buy pre-built speakers . . . I second guess myself in my thoughts to go DIY . . . :eek:
Before I bought SongTowers, I thought I was a confirmed do-it-yourselfer. All I had previously made was smaller cabinets. And I wondered how well building a tall cabinet without a table saw would work. Also I was certain that Salk could do a better job with veneer and finish work than I could.

I wasn't seriously looking to buy new speakers, but after I heard the prototypes, I was hooked. Also remember that early on in 2007, the ST cost $1500 a pair. So the decision to buy instead of build was primarily based on cost and quality of veneer and finish. Besides, even though I know Dennis Murphy, I wouldn't ask him for the ST's crossover schematic.
...Taking someone else's design and building it doesn't really mean you're knowledgeable, just means you can follow directions.:D
Matt has it right. I follow directions well. I understand other people's designs, talk a lot about them (I'd like to think that I'm not full of hot air), but I don't create my own designs. I long ago decided that buying a table saw and all the audio design software/gear and investing the time to learn how to use all that properly, was more than I wanted to do.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
. Besides, even though I know Dennis Murphy, I wouldn't ask him for the ST's crossover schematic.
Because you;d rather ask him for the V3 schematic! :eek: :D just messing with ya

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I realize that I'm the biggest fanboy of PSB on this forum but its not without reason. When I purchased my PSBs, I compared them to Axiom. Paradigm Monitor Line and Polk audio and I really liked PSB's performance for the price over the others.
I have owned Paradigm and Polk - I prefer the PSB. They were more
balanced and clean sounding to me.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis