PS4 games, discussion, observations, comments, etc...

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Never played that one. My favorite PS2 games were Okami and Metal Gear Solid. Both were re-released for the PS3 in HD. I only bought Okami, but it was just as fun.
From the PS2 era, I had a few favs. My PS3 is the original backwards compat model, so I still play some of these:

Ico
Downhill Domination (mountain bike racing meets Road Rash, awesome game!)
Final Fantasy X
Prince of Persia Trilogy
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (bada$$ but tough)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I had 2 60G PS3s, one was the original one I bought at launch - that one was stolen :( The second one I picked up in pristine condition with only a dead BD drive. Ico's re-release on PS3 in 3D was pretty darn cool; it worked surprisingly well in 3D (borrowed it from my brother) not one of my all time fav games, but definitely a very good one. Sigma was real close to being a favorite except the ending sort of spoiled it for me. The POP games are definitely favorites of mine too.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Never played that one. My favorite PS2 games were Okami and Metal Gear Solid. Both were re-released for the PS3 in HD. I only bought Okami, but it was just as fun.
Playing Okami HD right now... Probably my favorite Zelda clone ever. Love MGS too, though most of the series is still on my backlog.

I threw a pillow at my old RPTV and broke the little plastic covering over the screen because of that stupid game. :mad:

My wife gave me no end of crap over that.
as frustrating as it was, it was also really technically sound. Once I got a hang of it, I found my Hard and Very Hard playthroughs to be a breeze compared to my Normal playthrough.

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Halo 1 on the original xbox got me back into gaming...Original Fable series kept me playing. Online gaming (co-op more than vs) made it a lot more fun on games like left 4 Dead, Halo XX, GOW2 etc. To me being able to play with the a friend or four made the game that much better.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Interestingly, my brother picked up a PS4 controller to use with his PS3 since one of his died. Since it is bluetooth, it works! Not all the functionality, but the basic controls work.

I tried the opposite, to connect a PS3 BT BD remote to the PS4 and there's no way to do it yet :(

Last edited:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I never got around to playing Tales of the Abyss or Okami either! I need to win the lottery so I can take a couple years off to play all my games.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I never got around to playing Tales of the Abyss or Okami either! I need to win the lottery so I can take a couple years off to play all my games.
I've played TotA six times now. Just short of Three full times on PS2, just short of twice on 3DS, and finally a full run on PCSX2 emulator. I highly recommend the last option when you do get around to it... sped-up load times compared to the the PS2 version, full voiced skits on the undub patch, and you can bump the resolution up to a gorgeous 720 or 1080P depending on your graphics card.

I probably should have dedicated some of the time spent on those replays to games I haven't played, like Shadow Hearts or something. I've also replayed Mega Man X like, 10 times in my life. *sigh*

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
lol. I definitely need to look in to emulation on the PC. My computer is fairly old though since all I ever played on it was CS. Maybe it's good enough for ps2 emu though - AMD Phenom II X4 920, ATI HD 5850, and 8 GB DDR2 ram.

My ps2 backloggery is sad: gorb's Backloggery
Beaten 11
Unfinished 128 (104 never played)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Whoa dude, I know you said you had some unplayed, but wow. I have NO unplayed games and very few unfinished.

LOL. Dark Cloud was an awesome game. I would still play it if I had a copy.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
My entire backlog is much larger. This list is definitely incomplete because I am too lazy to update it (especially in regards to PC games and older consoles), but it says I only have beaten 36 games total.
627 unfinished
541 unplayed
lol :(

a large portion of that is games purchased from steam in bundles that I will probably never play though (250 pc games accounted for so far).

If the PS4 gets some nice RPGs I might be more inclined to buy one, but I should probably play all my old games first. I almost bought a new ps3 last friday because my old 60GB uses a lot of electricity and gets very hot. It's glitched out a couple times but always ends up working in the end.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis