PS3 Firmware 2.0 Corrupting Consoles?

G

Gasman

Senior Audioholic
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7937&Itemid=2

Numerous PlayStation 3 owners claim that their consoles have stopped functioning correctly, if at all, since installing the latest PS3 firmware update.

Users report, via the official PlayStation forums, running into numerous hardware problems since updating the PS3’s firmware to the recently released version 2.0. The complaints include a slowdown in console functionality, the loss of content, and even consoles being unable to read discs or ceasing to function at all.

Next-Gen has contacted Sony for comment.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Whoops. Mine's been ok so far. (knock wood)

One thing that bugs me though, is that Sony forces you to update your firmware if you want to access the Playstation store. Maybe I don't want the latest version of firmware.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I hadn't heard that... but I have only owned a PS3 for about a week, and of course even the brand new < 1 week old PS3 needed an update right out of the box. Why can't they ship these things with the latest firmware pre-installed? Another thing that bugs me about the PS3 is that when you download a game demo you have to install it before you can play it, and the install seems to take way too long. With the xbox 360 once the demo is downloaded, it's ready to go.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Another thing that bugs me about the PS3 is that when you download a game demo you have to install it before you can play it, and the install seems to take way too long. With the xbox 360 once the demo is downloaded, it's ready to go.
Ya know, that used to be the case for me, but since installing the last update, I swear that demos install WAY faster than they used to.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
If it's faster after installing v 2.0 fw, I would hate to see what it was like with the older fw.

A

alexsound

Audioholic
None here either. Played Virtua Fighter last night, no glitches, everthing
worked ok.

don-n-sa

don-n-sa

Audiophyte
One slight thing for me..two times the PS3 gave a message saying cannot read this type of disk, it was a blue ray. Both times I just selected it again and it read just fine. I cannot remeber if this had ever happened before 2.0 though.

Are you runinng your connection wirelessly? Some reports say that there are issues with those who do. I run a network cable from a wired router to my
PS3.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Some of my downloaded demos now have no sound! I had 2.00 installed and they all worked fine, and now only those after a certain date don't seem to work but full games including purchased downloaded games work. Wierd. I guess I will have to delete them and DL them again. I have had zero issues running via wireless. Those issues were solved way back at 1.5x

Pwner_2130

Pwner_2130

Audioholic
I've never had any issues with the update either...my XMB is actually much faster. error 1D10T?..:)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
One slight thing for me..two times the PS3 gave a message saying cannot read this type of disk, it was a blue ray. Both times I just selected it again and it read just fine. I cannot remeber if this had ever happened before 2.0 though.

Are you runinng your connection wirelessly? Some reports say that there are issues with those who do. I run a network cable from a wired router to my
PS3.
I am wireless.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Wireless as well. No problems since the 2.0 upgrade.

Taifun

Taifun

Junior Audioholic
Wireless and 2.0

Wireless and 2.0 and no problems here. I'll have to check my demos though.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
So far, all of my EA games and demos no longer have sound... One or two other demos have the issue too, but all other games work fine...weird and annoying since Skate is EA and I play that a lot. Now the weird thing is, I have used the system and played movies after 2.00 without issue, this problem showed up a few days later.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis