Protecting Speaker Finish, any suggestions?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Ok, I know this sounds mental, but I suffer from audio OCD :eek:. I keep my speaker boxes, packing materials and gear in mind condition. People make fun of me, rightfully so. Carbon Black finish looks nice, but it is a nightmare to keep from getting marks. Considering I have a center channel that cost more than a decent used car, I want to protect the finish. Is it even possible to put a ceramic coating like they did on my New SUV? (Laugh at me now :))

If I ever upgrade again, which I hope never happens...I will not get a glossy speaker finish! Miss the Triton 1s with the sock, well not really, but you know what I mean

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
Don't we all strive for the "cleanest sound" possible.
I don't see a problem here .
Cheers,
XEagleDriver

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Um, stop touching your speakers, lol. I had and have piano gloss speakers and really all I do is dust with a swiffer wand. Always use a new one on your piano gloss finishes tho. A dirty one has dust particles stuck in it that can scratch, but I've never had an issue with it. I just use a new one on the fancy stuff.

Meguire's detailing solution works really well for cleaning and keeping things sparkly too. It's totally safe for gloss finishes.

Again, always use a clean, soft rag and dust first. It works really really well for maintaining that sparkle.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I have not touched my speakers with my fingers since I have owned them LOL. Paradigm gave 2 sets of glove in each of my 3F speaker boxes and 1 pair in my Persona C, got that covered. They stay under their Speaker covers unless they are being used. They have a plastic film on the top which I have yet to take off.

Thanks for the Meguires Tip. :)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I haven't tried using a ceramic coating, but I'm having a problem grasping the concept of a liquid ceramic. I have heard that some are difficult to remove, though. I would be inclined to contact the manufacturer to find out exactly what was used as a finishing material, to prevent damaging it by using something that could affect it. If they used some kind of catalyzed lacquer, I doubt much is needed and if necessary, it could probably be polished. DO NOT use anything with Silicone, or it will be very difficult to repair the finish on the speaker(s) and anything nearby when the Silicone was released into the air.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
microfiber cloth and a quality automotive detail spray is what I use. I like Griots products, Adam's finishes is another good one.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis