Calibrated Mic to test Speakers UMIK-2 or other suggestions

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I was on another audio forum and a few people are having issue with the Persona C tweeter/mid crossover when they went to measure and had to send it in for warranty repair. I am still waiting on mine to arrive and figured it might not be a bad investment to look at a calibrated mic I can use for testing at home.

I was looking at the UMIK-1 (backorder) Umik-2 (expensive) overkill? Was curious what other might be using to measure their speakers?

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Didn't know there was a Umik-2. Looks nice. Dayton's UMM-6 might be a consideration (or their full suite via the Omnimic v2 system, which I have).

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I use UMIK-1 for speaker measurements at MLP, though I believe it should be good enough to check whether a speaker is malfunctioning as well. Hopefully some of the forum members that make their own speakers can chime in.

bettingweb33

bettingweb33

Audiophyte
Many in the audio community have noted similar problems, leading to warranty repairs. Investing in a calibrated mic for home testing sounds like a smart move, especially with options like the UMIK-1 and UMIK-2 available. The right microphone can make a big difference in accurately measuring and tuning your speakers, so it's worth exploring what others are using in their setups!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis