problems with Republicans

Status
Not open for further replies.
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
As I grow older, it becomes more obvious that some age limit is needed. At some point "But they have experience that a younger candidate doesn't" needs to take a backseat to "Are you kidding? They're freaking ancient!".

Term limits are long overdue, too. I would like to see a cap on campaign spending- it's ridiculous for them to spend more than $2 Billion for one election.
Really each candidate should have X amount of money to run their campaign and that's it. Doesn't matter what the election is, they all get the same amount as anyone else going for the same position they're going for. The amounts would vary based on the post that each candidate is going for.

This would make things significantly more fair. There would obviously be a lot of things to work out when it comes to how much and how their allowed to raise the money and what they can/can't use it for, but it's a start.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Maybe the migrant issue is more overblown than reality would warrant?
Lies, damned lies and immigration stats: the facts of the U.S. migrant debate | CBC News
The issue of asylum is still on the table with the unanswered question about why their home countries don't help them. Also, wanting a better life isn't a reason for asylum- I can't begrudge anyone coming for either reason, but a better way needs to be found for a country to deal with ~1 million attempted crossings along only a few states in the last 11 months, according to the CPB.

highfigh

highfigh

Really each candidate should have X amount of money to run their campaign and that's it. Doesn't matter what the election is, they all get the same amount as anyone else going for the same position they're going for. The amounts would vary based on the post that each candidate is going for.

This would make things significantly more fair. There would obviously be a lot of things to work out when it comes to how much and how their allowed to raise the money and what they can/can't use it for, but it's a start.
I also think the campaigns need to be much shorter, without as much BS being tossed around. England allows what, 6 months to elect a PM??

If they need to spend $2 Billion for an election, it means they're not very good at getting the message out but the other issue concerns the lies- that needs to stop. They need to campaign on their own merits and an independent group should investigate any claims for accuracy WITHOUT bias and without weaponizing a government agency, regardless of the party/candidate's affiliation.

Maybe a boxing match with a referee, telling them to have a good, clean fight? :)

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
The issue of asylum is still on the table with the unanswered question about why their home countries don't help them. Also, wanting a better life isn't a reason for asylum- I can't begrudge anyone coming for either reason, but a better way needs to be found for a country to deal with ~1 million attempted crossings along only a few states in the last 11 months, according to the CPB.
Just looking at Venezuela, if you opposed the regime, the government would be persecuting you. How could expect help from them?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Just looking at Venezuela, if you opposed the regime, the government would be persecuting you. How could expect help from them?
I think a lot of folks in the US don't really understand how bad it is in a lot of countries in Central and South America. North is the only way for people to go if they want to get out.

The other thing is that people in the US also don't seem to understand that Mexico has to deal with these people just like the US does. A significant portion of people coming to the US border are NOT from Mexico.

highfigh

highfigh

True, but most other countries don't have a 'regime' that would do something so severe.

I have actually seen comments saying that the US should be more like Venezuela. Absolutely mind-boggling that someone would think this.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
True, but most other countries don't have a 'regime' that would do something so severe.

I have actually seen comments saying that the US should be more like Venezuela. Absolutely mind-boggling that someone would think this.
That's just an example. Other governments are simply incompetent. Some lack the resources to help. Some governments are in the back pockets of multi-national corporations, keeping wages low, working conditions poor and the rule-of-law a joke.

highfigh

highfigh

That's just an example. Other governments are simply incompetent. Some lack the resources to help. Some governments are in the back pockets of multi-national corporations, keeping wages low, working conditions poor and the rule-of-law a joke.
I would imagine the ones that are incompetent might be smart enough to know that asking for help is the same as dealing with the devil.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Why on God's earth are you guys letting your political diffences define who you are on an audio video forum? Yes, IMHO, it's is a left leaning circle jerk and that offends at times, sorry, it's a fact and I could care less what anyone's politics are but this is a distraction from the goal of the forum. Instead getting your political frustrations out on an audio forum, pick a better medium to do it or this site, and others, will continue to decline in participation.

The country is way too damn political and allowing it to creep in and then dominate places where people go to enjoy themselves is unhealthy. I disagree with a lot of people's political positions, I just don't want that to be drawn out everywhere I go.

Disagreeing about audio is one thing, the poltical side gets too personal even if people don't realize it. It's way to easy to find fault in things, try looking for the good in life..

I 'll continue to spend less time here because of it and that kinda makes me sad. I like the other fourms I frequent but this use to be my go to. I'm probably just too old, lol.

Carry on

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Why on God's earth are you guys letting your political diffences define who you are on an audio video forum? Yes, IMHO, it's is a left leaning circle jerk and that offends at times, sorry, it's a fact and I could care less what anyone's politics are but this is a distraction from the goal of the forum. Instead getting your political frustrations out on an audio forum, pick a better medium to do it or this site, and others, will continue to decline in participation.

The country is way too damn political and allowing it to creep in and then dominate places where people go to enjoy themselves is unhealthy. I disagree with a lot of people's political positions, I just don't want that to be drawn out everywhere I go.

Disagreeing about audio is one thing, the poltical side gets too personal even if people don't realize it. It's way to easy to find fault in things, try looking for the good in life..

I 'll continue to spend less time here because of it and that kinda makes me sad. I like the other fourms I frequent but this use to be my go to. I'm probably just too old, lol.

Carry on
If you don’t like the political threads why don’t you read other threads instead of whining about “left leaning circle jerk that offends at times”?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
If you don’t like the political threads why don’t you read other threads instead of whining about “left leaning circle jerk that offends at times”?
I'm sorry you missed the point of my reply.

Deleted the question no need to respond, thanks

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Carry on
If I was feeling how you are I'd just spend all my time on the audio side of it. I rarely jump into this side of it anymore but every once in a while I do when I need to vent something. For the most part I just act like the Steam Vent doesn't exist unless I see something that gives me an opportunity to get something off my chest.

I do like the steam vent because it gives us a place to get that stuff out without it seeping onto the audio side of it. On other sites it starts to creep in and I've seen the mods have to shut entire good audio threads down.

I think this way works better. Have fun with audio check. But if you want to go get something off your chest so you don't clog up the audio side? We have that too.

That's just how I look at it

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Carry on
I also think this side has blown up more because for awhile there things were really slowed down and disrupted in our industry with the pandemic and supply chain issues.

So a lot of us got bored and this is where we kindoff went

But things are picking up know it looks like. I'm super excited about the Denon and Marantz stuff rolling out

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I also think this side has blown up more because for awhile there things were really slowed down and disrupted in our industry with the pandemic and supply chain issues.

So a lot of us got bored and this is where we kindoff went

But things are picking up know it looks like. I'm super excited about the Denon and Marantz stuff rolling out
We've definitely had our share of issues through COVID and that certainly compounds things. Unfortunately there seems to be a poltical divide that has boiled over and it has added to what we see online and it's frequency.

I've been told to ignore it and that's fine, but I can promise that it will and has hurt this forum and many others. Heck, my wife's knitting forum has gotten toxic, lol. I guess if it was 20 years ago it wouldn't have the same impact. But when I open up the forum and what's new column and it has 3 to 4 political threads and the audio threads haven't but a few posts in 12 hours, it's very disappointing.

I'll be fine either way, just seems like such a waste.

Carry on, my rant is over :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I also think the campaigns need to be much shorter, without as much BS being tossed around. England allows what, 6 months to elect a PM??

If they need to spend $2 Billion for an election, it means they're not very good at getting the message out but the other issue concerns the lies- that needs to stop. They need to campaign on their own merits and an independent group should investigate any claims for accuracy WITHOUT bias and without weaponizing a government agency, regardless of the party/candidate's affiliation.

Maybe a boxing match with a referee, telling them to have a good, clean fight? :)
It would be nice to get the money out of our elections, too....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
As I grow older, it becomes more obvious that some age limit is needed. At some point "But they have experience that a younger candidate doesn't" needs to take a backseat to "Are you kidding? They're freaking ancient!".

Term limits are long overdue, too. I would like to see a cap on campaign spending- it's ridiculous for them to spend more than $2 Billion for one election.
I'd hope term limits would on their own create age limits....we seem to have the grandma/grandpa crowd mostly due to lack thereof.

highfigh

highfigh

Carry on
This is the steam vent, not a discussion of sound quality.

Where else can we go to get steamed???

BTW- this is under the Steam Vent title-

"Talk just about anything you'd like here. Or, if you've got a beef about a manufacturer, or you just want to vent some audio steam... come on in. This is the only place you won't get in trouble for flame wars - all other places are off limits. Note: Any comments, criticisms or name calling of Audioholics should be done via PM or directed to circularfile@audioholics.com. Suggestions can be made in the 'Site Suggestions and Feedback' forum."

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

It would be nice to get the money out of our elections, too....
Especially the dark money. Why are they hiding? If you are supporting someone why hide your contributions? Thanks Supes.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis