Status
Not open for further replies.
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
-- Floyd was not a saint
-- video of 8.5 minutes of Chauvin kneeling on a handcuffed Floyd
-- message lost when rioters decided to destroy property

Seems a stretch to try and pin what escalated on the witnesses.
Just part of the crap pie- people can really be turds.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Off topic, I was impressed with Butigieg. I don't buy his ideas on the economy, but I thought he was very articulate and more or less breezed through the tough questions on Face the Nation. (That is if he survives the lack of distribution in stock supplies. I don't see it hurting him in the long run.) I don't see how Newsom survives what's going on Cali, but you never know. Can't see Kamala getting a second wind after Biden. Newsom runs in '24 I don't see him beating DeSantis or whomever. That would leave Pete in the background at a later time if he chooses to run.

highfigh

highfigh

Off topic, I was impressed with Butigieg. I don't buy his ideas on the economy, but I thought he was very articulate and more or less breezed through the tough questions on Face the Nation. (That is if he survives the lack of distribution in stock supplies. I don't see it hurting him in the long run.) I don't see how Newsom survives what's going on Cali, but you never know. Can't see Kamala getting a second wind after Biden. Newsom runs in '24 I don't see him beating DeSantis or whomever. That would leave Pete in the background at a later time if he chooses to run.
What did he say about the condition of the economy? Biden still thinks it's doing great but I beg to differ- I see a lot of prices on items at grocery stores that have increased by 50% just since January. It's a damn good thing some stores offer coupons and discounts on gas with their point systems- I paid $3.59 for gas yesterday after my points knocked off ten cents/gallon.

I don't know of anyone in CA who thinks Newsom is worth a crap and I shudder to think of what would happen if Harris would be elected.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
What did he say about the condition of the economy? Biden still thinks it's doing great but I beg to differ- I see a lot of prices on items at grocery stores that have increased by 50% just since January. It's a damn good thing some stores offer coupons and discounts on gas with their point systems- I paid $3.59 for gas yesterday after my points knocked off ten cents/gallon.

I don't know of anyone in CA who thinks Newsom is worth a crap and I shudder to think of what would happen if Harris would be elected.
It's not what's real but what *sticks*. She wasn't really able to make the high inflation stick on Pete because he's too eloquent or prepared in his responses. Sure I or you don't buy it, but what about those in the middle? Plus Pete isn't getting any heat for the current situation. That's all on Biden. So much of it is timing IMO.

highfigh

highfigh

It's not what's real but what *sticks*. She wasn't really able to make the high inflation stick on Pete because he's too eloquent or prepared in his responses. Sure I or you don't buy it, but what about those in the middle? Plus Pete isn't getting any heat for the current situation. That's all on Biden. So much of it is timing IMO.
But his comments from the past will haunt him- nobody should forget about those. He's a bit of a wing nut on some issues.

NOBODY who thinks that the use of fossil fuels can be ended quickly has a clue about energy and is clearly not thinking about the ramifications of that- what, exactly, should be done with ALL of the vehicles and machines that use gasoline or diesel fuel- just send them to the junkyard? That's not only stupid, it's tremendously wasteful. IMO, CA is jumping the gun on banning gas-powered lawn equipment- that state has far too much greenery that needs to be maintained and it ignores the question "How will state/local agencies be able to afford the changeover?". That bill is going to hit the tax paying population very hard and they aren't going to like it- people are already leaving CA in droves and I don't know if Newsom is truly aware of how many.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
But his comments from the past will haunt him- nobody should forget about those. He's a bit of a wing nut on some issues.

NOBODY who thinks that the use of fossil fuels can be ended quickly has a clue about energy and is clearly not thinking about the ramifications of that- what, exactly, should be done with ALL of the vehicles and machines that use gasoline or diesel fuel- just send them to the junkyard? That's not only stupid, it's tremendously wasteful. IMO, CA is jumping the gun on banning gas-powered lawn equipment- that state has far too much greenery that needs to be maintained and it ignores the question "How will state/local agencies be able to afford the changeover?". That bill is going to hit the tax paying population very hard and they aren't going to like it- people are already leaving CA in droves and I don't know if Newsom is truly aware of how many.
It will effect Newsom. Pete I'm not sure about. He's in the background.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
But his comments about everyone switching to electric vehicles shows that he really doesn't get it.
Didn't say he gets it. I'm saying if he runs in '28 or beyond it might not effect him.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
But his comments about everyone switching to electric vehicles shows that he really doesn't get it.
This is where it’s heading. Automobile manufactures are planning to stop making combustion engines, and many countries/states also have plans for sunsetting selling new such cars. All within ten years.

In very many places and use cases EV works just fine.

So of course there’ll be long time before most cars are EV, but we’ll get there.

Chances are that you’re not getting it.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
So far, we are far from an adequate supply of charging posts, and that's a great factor for still keeping gas and diesel operated vehicles for awhile. Then, it will evetually come to a point when gas prices will get pretty high and that will convince people to move on to EVs.

highfigh

highfigh

This is where it’s heading. Automobile manufactures are planning to stop making combustion engines, and many countries/states also have plans for sunsetting selling new such cars. All within ten years.

In very many places and use cases EV works just fine.

So of course there’ll be long time before most cars are EV, but we’ll get there.

Chances are that you’re not getting it.
EV is great, but WRT everyone changing to them vs internal combustion, it's necessary to have an electric grid that can handle it and California clearly doesn't if they asked people to avoid charging their cars at specific times. PG&E can't handle the demand on a good day- they surely can't handle EVs when more will need to recharge them and since small gas engines are being banned, they can't use a small generator in the event that they don't want/have a whole-house model or a large battery bank. One of my cousins in California has a Honda that uses LPG and she loves it- it's her second one and all she needs to do is connect it to the fitting outside of their garage in order to refill it.

Yeah, I get it.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Why- because most people will have forgotten?
He's the head of transportation so what does that entail? Freight distribution, but he's not energy so unless transportation is green deal stuff..... just seems he loses if he goes in '24 but gets by less noticed later.

highfigh

highfigh

He's the head of transportation so what does that entail? Freight distribution, but he's not energy so unless transportation is green deal stuff..... just seems he loses if he goes in '24 but gets by less noticed later.
It's a helluva lot more than freight, his position involves ALL transportation modes in the US.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Either? They want to do both.

The yearly US "Debt Ceiling" debacle is laughable and it should never have been created in the first place: Congress essentially refuses to pay the bills for expenses they've required the Administration to implement, by law.

>>>The debt ceiling does not constrain federal spending or the amount we need to borrow; it simply restricts the Treasury Department’s ability to honor financial commitments previously made by Congress and the President. Failure to set the debt ceiling at the level necessary to meet borrowing needs could jeopardize the full faith and credit of the United States by preventing the Treasury from paying the government’s bills. This could take the form of failing to pay interest on, or redeem, Treasury Bonds when due, or failing to make scheduled payments for vital programs such as Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, or veterans benefits. <<<

Last edited:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Wow, a left wing propaganda news article, I won't waste my time finding a right wing counter BS article........

David Brock, a liberal wing nut, but if that's your choice, so be it ! He probably thinks Fetterman is the Dems best choice for Senate here in Pennsyltucky !
Better than the lord helmet sucking tRump supporter, so yes he is a good choice. Afraid he may help your state rid itself of the embarrassment is caused itself during 2020?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Better than the lord helmet sucking tRump supporter, so yes he is a good choice. Afraid he may help your state rid itself of the embarrassment is caused itself during 2020?
How much do you know about Fetterman ? I doubt you know much at all, regardless, someone living in a political dung hole like NY shouldn't talk too much about embarrassment ! How's your buddy Cuomo doing these days ?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
So enlighten me. Why would of all things Dr. Oz be better other than he is a tRump loving psycho? And Cuomo is in hiding and maybe in jail someday where he may belong. I don't defend crooks just because they are a Democrat. Amazes me what you can turn a blind eye to based on your old white man fears.

You are right about a dung hole. We have been stuck with Stephanik who has no interest in upstate NY when she can spew tRump lies all day. Hope she is gone next month but I live in a bastion of sanity in an otherwise idiotic part of NY.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis