problems with Republicans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Fear of arrest. It's difficult to say what was going on in their minds.
Not really, and I'm sure that getting killed by the police was uppermost on their minds as well.They've seen this many times before with armed cops.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
You do know that they were Black, likely unarmed, and interfering with a police action could cost them their lives?

So, what exactly do you want unarmed people do against armed police officers?
They were Black? No poop. As far as "likely unarmed", you can't possibly know that and it shows that you have no idea what is happening in this country. Do a search of 'Felons in possession of firearms in Minneapolis', substitute Milwaukee, Chicago or any other major city- trust me, the chance of someone having a weapon is far greater than none having a weapon. Maybe that's the reason nobody lifted a finger to help. This isn't just my opinion and it has nothing to do with race, it's just that the statistics back it up and plenty of Whites are arrested for the same thing.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Felons+in+possession+of+firearms+in+Minneapolis&ia=web

20 people could have jumped the cops- remember the saying "All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"?

BTW- that wasn't a 'police action', that was murder. Even if it was considered a police action, it could have been stopped and a court should have found it to be justified.

If the police are doing something that is far over the top and could result in someone's death, I think witnesses should try to stop it but yes, going against armed cops takes a lot of balls but if a cop shoots someone who's not armed with a weapon, shooting them isn't usually justifiable.

Chauvin shouldn't even have been on the streets and he definitely shouldn't have been armed, nor should he have been ANYONE's training supervisor, as he was in this case. The Asian cop was the trainee and he was probably crapping himself but the other two should have had the sense to stop Chauvin. They didn't. If they say they were afraid of the crowd, I call that BS. There's no way that was necessary, although anyone who says Floyd wasn't putting up a fight hasn't seen the video.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
They were Black? No poop. As far as "likely unarmed", you can't possibly know that and it shows that you have no idea what is happening in this country. Do a search of 'Felons in possession of firearms in Minneapolis', substitute Milwaukee, Chicago or any other major city- trust me, the chance of someone having a weapon is far greater than none having a weapon. Maybe that's the reason nobody lifted a finger to help. This isn't just my opinion and it has nothing to do with race, it's just that the statistics back it up and plenty of Whites are arrested for the same thing.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Felons+in+possession+of+firearms+in+Minneapolis&ia=web

20 people could have jumped the cops- remember the saying "All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"?

BTW- that wasn't a 'police action', that was murder. Even if it was considered a police action, it could have been stopped and a court should have found it to be justified.
Twenty unarmed bystanders should jump the police and hope they don’t get killed, whenever they see the police do something they don’t agree with?

The problem then is that they’re unarmed, but Thank the Lord for your Supreme Court, for now they can just show the police their assault weapons next. /sarcasm

highfigh

highfigh

Absolutely, but adding the word "black" is a trigger to some, though, when pointing out the American original sin of slavery.

Next you'll ask me if only Jews where in Nazi extermination camps, and no, they where decidedly not the only victims. The Roma, among others, where hard hit is as well. And homosexuals and other "deviants". That does not make "Schindler's List" on Jewish-Polish people hypocritical or something, as an example.
WHAT ORIGINAL SIN OF SLAVERY???????????????????????

You clearly don't know the timeline of slavery on this continent!

I have known Jews who were in concentration camps, so don't lecture me on that. Some of my DNA is Ashkenazi, so piss off- you really need to stop your assumptions and inferences.

There is no part of me that doesn't think anyone who did anything to help kill all of those people, is anything less than totally vile, disgusting and gutless. I have never understood how anyone could stand by something like that, as a population, and not do something to try to intervene.

IIRC, you're from Norway, right? Here's a tidbit of what's happening in your homeland-

highfigh

highfigh

Twenty unarmed bystanders should jump the police and hope they don’t get killed, whenever they see the police do something they don’t agree with?

The problem then is that they’re unarmed, but Thank the Lord for your Supreme Court, for now they can just show the police their assault weapons next. /sarcasm
If the police are doing something this bad, yes- I think someone should do something. In 8+ minutes, someone could have called the PD and asked for a Captain, so they could send a video. If they had, Floyd might be alive.

Just stop. Your 'assault weapons' aren't used in many shootings- the vast majority used handguns. It's called 'concealed weapon' for a reason- how would you conceal an AR-15? You want to believe that AR and AK-style weapons are used to decimate the population but you have no freaking clue about the real data. I have no reason to believe that you aren't smart enough to find out for yourself but here's a stat from the link that might enlighten you, a bit-

There were a total of 45,222 firearm deaths in the US in 2020, an increase of 14% or 5,155 firearm deaths from 2019.

https://usafacts.org/data/topics/security-safety/crime-and-justice/firearms/firearm-deaths/

Do your own search to see who's killing whom and where they're doing it. BTW- not all homicides by gun are happening in the inner cities and I have posted about two that occurred within four blocks of my house in a span of two weeks- I don't live within the Milwaukee city limits and this area is generally very quiet, unless someone comes in to cause problems or flee the police.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
WHAT ORIGINAL SIN OF SLAVERY???????????????????????

You clearly don't know the timeline of slavery on this continent!

I have known Jews who were in concentration camps, so don't lecture me on that. Some of my DNA is Ashkenazi, so piss off- you really need to stop your assumptions and inferences.

There is no part of me that doesn't think anyone who did anything to help kill all of those people, is anything less than totally vile, disgusting and gutless. I have never understood how anyone could stand by something like that, as a population, and not do something to try to intervene.

IIRC, you're from Norway, right? Here's a tidbit of what's happening in your homeland-

I’ll have to invoke Godwin’s law.

highfigh

highfigh

Not really, and I'm sure that getting killed by the police was uppermost on their minds as well. They've seen this many times before with armed cops.
And you need to find the details about the killings- the first reaction by many people is to fight and in some cases, they try to take the cops weapon, even if they're not holding it in their hand. Take your 'many times before' and look at the facts, not the narrative from the media and activists like BLM which, BTW, isn't the wonderful organization they say they are- pick your sources, you won't agree with any of the Conservative ones.

highfigh

highfigh

I’ll have to invoke Godwin’s law.
You might as well invoke that, since you're the one who mentioned Nazi Germany/Poland.

Why are you afraid to look into the facts about slavery on this continent? You do know the settlers were mostly British and had known of slavery their whole lives, as people who weren't slaves, but might have been indentured servants (many who came to the colonies couldn't pay their way, so they entered some kind of servitude). Who brought the first slaves to this continent? Spain, Portugal, the Dutch.....in the early 1500s.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
And you need to find the details about the killings- the first reaction by many people is to fight and in some cases, they try to take the cops weapon, even if they're not holding it in their hand. Take your 'many times before' and look at the facts, not the narrative from the media and activists like BLM which, BTW, isn't the wonderful organization they say they are- pick your sources, you won't agree with any of the Conservative ones.

Strawman argument.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You might as well invoke that, since you're the one who mentioned Nazi Germany/Poland.

Why are you afraid to look into the facts about slavery on this continent? You do know the settlers were mostly British and had known of slavery their whole lives, as people who weren't slaves, but might have been indentured servants (many who came to the colonies couldn't pay their way, so they entered some kind of servitude). Who brought the first slaves to this continent? Spain, Portugal, the Dutch.....in the early 1500s.
You're the one triggered by the word "black" in my post. You do post anything that pops into your mind, even though it has nothing to do that you reply to.

highfigh

highfigh

Imagine you'd have to find out if they even 'knew' he was dying at the time. Also, "20" people captured the event on video??
It's not hard to see that he was struggling- even if they only got a glimpse, they surely should have said something about a knee on his neck. They're supposed to kneel on the person't back, arms, legs and maybe the head, but those places won't likely kill someone.

I found that one of the two Asian cops prevented bystanders from intervening. I hadn't seen that before. Floyd was pulled out of the squad car- they could have left him inside and he wouldn't have died.

highfigh

highfigh

You're the one triggered by the word "black" in my post. You do post anything that pops into your mind, even though it has nothing to do that you reply to.
I wasn't triggered by the word 'black', I was responding to your inaccurate portrayal of history.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
It's not hard to see that he was struggling- even if they only got a glimpse, they surely should have said something about a knee on his neck. They're supposed to kneel on the person't back, arms, legs and maybe the head, but those places won't likely kill someone.

I found that one of the two Asian cops prevented bystanders from intervening. I hadn't seen that before. Floyd was pulled out of the squad car- they could have left him inside and he wouldn't have died.

If the cop prevented them from intervening than I'd assume that meant some of them tried.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
look at the facts, not the narrative from the media and activists like BLM which, BTW, isn't the wonderful organization they say they are- pick your sources, you won't agree with any of the Conservative ones.

:eek: horrors of horrors, say it isn't true, a 'Libbie' organization that's a fraud :eek:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'm starting to think the only way conservatives can stay culturally relevant is to lie. They spend soooooo much time in damage control, and it all feels cheap and desperate to me. I think it would be much better if they reported on the things Democrats do vs didn't do, but I don't see it happening. Am I correct? Eh, I dunno. My observations anyway.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
"White Lives Matter"-- I think the Kanye/Candace Owens t-shirts fall flat. They might be at the top of their occupations, but the black population isn't. Therefore it's difficult to put white lives in the position of being victimized.

highfigh

highfigh

If the cop prevented them from intervening than I'd assume that meant some of them tried.
Right, but what did they try to do? All we get to see is the edited videos- if that cop had used his gun as a threat, it should have been made public (I haven't looked, so it may have been).

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Right, but what did they try to do? All we get to see is the edited videos- if that cop had used his gun as a threat, it should have been made public (I haven't looked, so it may have been).
-- Floyd was not a saint
-- video of 8.5 minutes of Chauvin kneeling on a handcuffed Floyd
-- message lost when rioters decided to destroy property

Seems a stretch to try and pin what escalated on the witnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis