Pre-amp for Marantz 7013?

D

Dead Wax Dave

Audioholic Intern
I recently switched to a Marantz 7013. Should I get a preamp for my turntable? With streaming and CD, a comfortable volume is 35. Phono volume is about 45, for same loudness.
Do you think I’m missing out on sound quality and nuance, or should I just turn it up a bit?
Thanks in advance.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You can adjust input levels in the pre-pro (per input) somewhat to even it out compared to others but it's just a low input level to begin with....but just turning up the master volume could be the best you can do (or play with gain relationship otherwise)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I recently switched to a Marantz 7013. Should I get a preamp for my turntable? With streaming and CD, a comfortable volume is 35. Phono volume is about 45, for same loudness.
Do you think I’m missing out on sound quality and nuance, or should I just turn it up a bit?
Thanks in advance.
What is your cartridge? I doubt using a phono preamp will make a difference unless you can detect that you have background noise when you advance the volume. If background noise is not intrusive when you advance the volume, then I think you have a non problem.

D

Dead Wax Dave

Audioholic Intern
Using Ortofon 2M Red. No background noise.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis