Post Your Best Budget Speaker Finds Here

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Since you asked JP. Nope not the amp it had a distorting sound so left it. Always heard these Energy subs were pretty good, so for $10(350.00 new) why not. This thing is well built with a nice hard rubber on the driver and well made speaker connections are a plus. I will probably put it with my Jamo 8 inch in my small living room. The Jamo by itself is rocking my couch I can’t imagine two. Specs say it goes down to 30ish hz.
B5888998-FA7E-4348-856D-F9AA4AC7C0B1.jpeg

FD54F288-0465-4E30-875A-63466D6FD6EF.jpeg
Cleaned her up and she looks like new.
2CC35774-09BB-41BC-AA6E-9B430D0FD453.jpeg

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Darn that’s a great deal. You getting them?
Somewhat tempted but since I already am good with my 7ch setup of 590s/580s/530s/520C....and the 570s couldn't be positioned as well as the 530s now....

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Somewhat tempted but since I already am good with my 7ch setup of 590s/580s/530s/520C....and the 570s couldn't be positioned as well as the 530s now....
I really want the 530s, but will have to save up. Maybe next year. That’s an awesome setup I doubt you need the 570s.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
View attachment 39719View attachment 39720
Picked up a pair new Polk RTi-a5's for $300.00 shipped to me.
Gmoney

I think I noticed you had some RP-280f’s in the past and now you have some rti a5s.

I have cherry rti a7s for our bedroom and they are really pretty speakers as you know. I have a chance to get some RP280s very cheap but feel like they are going to be bigger and uglier than the polks and perhaps just be marginally better than the polks.

‘Talk me into passing on the rp-280s please! Or should I buy the,. By the way, I’m the spirit of this post I got my RTI A7s for 100 each at a frys close out years ago so that was slick

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Gmoney

I think I noticed you had some RP-280f’s in the past and now you have some rti a5s.

I have cherry rti a7s for our bedroom and they are really pretty speakers as you know. I have a chance to get some RP280s very cheap but feel like they are going to be bigger and uglier than the polks and perhaps just be marginally better than the polks.

‘Talk me into passing on the rp-280s please! Or should I buy the,. By the way, I’m the spirit of this post I got my RTI A7s for 100 each at a frys close out years ago so that was slick
Hey Bro! what ya been up to? Hope you and family are well. I gotta ask, how are you liking your RTi-a7's? I'm thinking of getting a pair, I still have the 5's like them a lot they Are excellent for Hi-Rez music. But I never had RP-280's I'm sure they are great though.
Polks RTi line are very unrated in my opinion.
How's the midrange with your 7's? I pulled a driver out of one of my 5's just to do a look see, I Definitely impressed with the build quality of the RTi's, Wasn't expecting to see window bracing that's something you'd expect to see in a much higher priced speaker line. Here's the thing, I have owned much higher priced speakers before and I gotta say I really like my 5's. The only thing stopping me from getting the 7's is the midrange on my RTi-a5's are so dam smooth with female voices. I picked up the CSi a6 center about two weeks ago dam thing is Huge! Absolutely love it! Can't believe I got it for $199. It's about half the size of my 5's! Killer center far sure. I don't know what to do? I mean, I definitely want the RTi-a7's and at $299.00 each that's a steal at that price, and You picked up a pair for $100 bucks each! very sweet indeed my friend. I Definitely would like your thoughts on your RTi-a7's.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Thanks GMoney

I really think the a7's sound pretty good. More than how they sound is how nice they look. It's rare that speakers get the approval factor from my wife but she thinks they look great and I do too. You know because your a5's look the same (cherry wood)

I can't really say whether they would be a big upgrade from your A5's to be honest. I just don't know if it would be that incremental. Look at the crutchfield outlet and they might have some for cheap.

I can say that I think my JBL 590s are better speakers than these polks. But again, these are better suited for a bedroom but would look great in any room.

What's interesting is you comparing your a5's vs some of your more expensive speakers and I just compared against a klipsch speaker. The difference is sometimes so small and often the room creates sound challenges. I'm just trying to say it's so hard to know if one set is going to be incrementally better than another. It is nice when you can buy with the chance to return for sure.

G

Geek4Life_

Audiophyte
BF9B8455-DBE8-49B3-BA56-EE8E645D1643.jpeg

These were all Kijiji finds.

Deal 1 - my Paradigm Monitor 9v5 with CC-290v5 and a Velodyne 12” sub for $450 - sold the sub for $350, kept the speakers.

Deal 2 - Paradigm ADP 190v5, Paradigm Monitor 7v3, and a PS1000 v2 sub for $350. Kept the ADP’s, sold the speakers for $250 and the sub for $350.

Net cost for my speakers - made $150.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Nice room! If I'd known you were into Star Wars, I would have made you a sweet deal on an Imperial Droid. But, the TSR-700 had a bad motivator on it and I took it back to Costco.

G

Geek4Life_

Audiophyte
Nice room! If I'd known you were into Star Wars, I would have made you a sweet deal on an Imperial Droid. But, the TSR-700 had a bad motivator on it and I took it back to Costco.
Haha. Bad timing!

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Recently got a pair of Mirage Omni 350’s in the original box with port plugs and pedestals in mint condition for $100 along with a Mirage Omni S12.3 in mint condition from the same CL seller for $100.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis