S

stolz

Audiophyte
Hello,
I have a vintage pair of Realistic PRO-50 headphones which I believe are the same or similar to the AKG K250 600 ohm. (Made for Radio Shack by AKG.) They sound fine except for a very poor bass response. If I play them through either a software or hardware equalizer with the base controls pushed up high I do get a better bass response. I am using them with a Schiit Magni 3 amplifier set on the high position. I also get the same results with other headphone amps.

Is this normal for this headphone?
Are there any modifications to the headphones that I can make to improve the bass response?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello,
I have a vintage pair of Realistic PRO-50 headphones which I believe are the same or similar to the AKG K250 600 ohm. (Made for Radio Shack by AKG.) They sound fine except for a very poor bass response. If I play them through either a software or hardware equalizer with the base controls pushed up high I do get a better bass response. I am using them with a Schiit Magni 3 amplifier set on the high position. I also get the same results with other headphone amps.

Is this normal for this headphone?
Are there any modifications to the headphones that I can make to improve the bass response?

Many thanks in advance for any help.
That series of AKG phones never had a good bass response. It was a major weakness of those phones. If you want more bass, it means new phones.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Get those Senns 58x or 560s. You'll get tight bass.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis