Polk signature series

CWM

CWM

Junior Audioholic
Ratings
9 1
I currently am running 4 monitor 70s as my front and surround. Was thinking about upgrading to the RTi series since ther on sale. Then looked to see what was out there used and noticed this series is a running line. Even what best buy has on display

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Ratings
4,421 33 17
The Signature series is doubtlessly an upgrade over your monitor series, but I would be looking to take a bigger step up. Save up to get something that will really be a night and day difference.

CWM

CWM

Junior Audioholic
Ratings
9 1
The Signature series is doubtlessly an upgrade over your monitor series, but I would be looking to take a bigger step up. Save up to get something that will really be a night and day difference.
Suggestions

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Field Marshall
Ratings
Based on our previous conversation... ;) ...and your pending sub purchase...
If dude will let you audition, and you like the sound, then perhaps you can wring a year out of them while you save for something better still...
Strategize... can you use those s60 towers as surrounds next year when you upgrade your front 3 (yes, center included) to something much better still?
If yes, and you like the sound of them now... then maybe its worth it.

You should still keep your mind open to auditioning other speakers and expanding your sound-knowledge! :D

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Ratings
2,385 4
I have owned some Polk Monitor series speakers in the past, the S series should be a nice step up from them -- they do tend to measure pretty good. However, I would put some Canton speakers on a short list (depending on budget)

At least go and listen to the S series speakers

CWM

CWM

Junior Audioholic
Ratings
9 1
Think I'm going to hold off and try to get the RTiA7 or A9 while on sale. Either that or may go all svs one day.

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis