Polk Audio Monitor70 Series II Floorstanding Loudspeaker

P

pjoseph

Full Audioholic
I just ordered a pair of these from Newegg got them for $150 each.
i just wanted to see what others thought of them since I have not received them yet and can still cancel.

Thanks

C

cmiler44

Audiophyte
Try the Polk forum..theres alot of users over there with those speakers..for the price..i guess there not bad @ all...

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
How did you make the deision to choose them - and what was your budget?

B

bikdav

Senior Audioholic
I've heard the Monitor 70s and wasn't disappointed. Granted, there are better speakers out there. But, for the price that you paid for them _ quite a bit less than MSRP, I feel that you did good. If it were me, I'd take these over the much smaller speakers that are common at $150 each.

P

pjoseph

Full Audioholic
No real decision, I saw a good deal and purchased them I figured I can decide to keep or not later.
In the past I have came across good deals and tried to do some research and by the time i made my decision I would go back and it would be sold out.

P

pjoseph

Full Audioholic
right now I am using very small boston acoutic speakers that I picked up a long time ago on sale at 6th ave.

Boston Acoustics SYS510BA 5.1 Micro Speaker System
So I figured the polks should be a step up, plus I love the look of tower speakers for some reason.

As much as I love Audio stuff ect.... For the most part I only purchase things when they are on sale, I would like to own a house one day so trying to save up as much as possible.

M

m_vanmeter

Full Audioholic
I have the Monitor70's and a CS2 on one of my systems and I'm very pleased with the "wall of sound" results. Very full and well defined sounding, a great replacement for the 15 year old AR towers I had. I would need to spend a whole lot more money to actually notice improved SQ. I consider the 70's and the CS2 one of the very best "bang for the buck" front 3 speakers available currently. When Newegg has a sale last last weekend, they are absolutely a steal. :)

I also like the 70's in stereo mode for music - listened to some very dynamic and full range classical music and again, really liked the results.

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
If you have a simi decent sub then make sure you set the towers to small & cross them over no lower than 60hz. Preferably 80hz. This is for movies specially. For music you may be fine running them large if you like but i would probably still run those small even for music. Let your ears be the decision maker.

Congrats & enjoy your nice upgrade!!

C

collegeaudio

Audioholic
They're back on sale for $160 on NewEgg in a few days. Thinking about pulling the trigger.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis