D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Can't make this up hahaha.....

A museum lent an artist $84,000. He kept the money and called it 'art'

When an exhibition about the future of labor opened at a Danish art museum on Friday, visitors should have seen two large picture frames filled with banknotes worth a combined $84,000.

The pieces were meant to be reproductions of two works by artist Jens Haaning, who previously used framed cash to represent the average annual salaries of an Austrian and a Dane — in euros and Danish krone respectively.

But when the Kunsten Museum of Modern Art in Aalborg took delivery of the recreated artworks ahead of the show, gallery staff made a surprising discovery: the frames were empty. Rather than being the handiwork of thieves, the loaned cash was missing thanks to Haaning himself, who says he is keeping the money — in the name of art.

"I have chosen to make a new work for the exhibition, instead of showing the two 14- and 11-year-old works respectively," Haaning told the museum in an email, the text of which is now displayed next to the empty frames.

"The work is based on/responds to both your exhibition concept and the works that we had originally planned to show."

The "new" conceptual piece, which Haaning has titled "Take the Money and Run," is now at the center of a dispute between museum and artist over labor, contractual obligations and the value of work — all fitting themes for the exhibition.

"I saw, from my artistic point of view, that I could create a much better piece for them than what they could imagine," Haaning told CNN over the phone, adding: "I don't see that I have stolen money... I have created an art piece, which is maybe 10 or 100 times better than what we had planned. What is the problem?"

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Anyone catch any of the new Mike Lindell My Pillow commercials? He's claiming cancel culture and offering big discounts. I wonder how his guarantee of Trump being re instated by Thanksgiving is going. Sad...

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Anyone catch any of the new Mike Lindell My Pillow commercials? He's claiming cancel culture and offering big discounts. I wonder how his guarantee of Trump being re instated by Thanksgiving is going. Sad...
Thankfully I have a Tempur-pedic pillow. ;)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

Ted Cruz accidentally elbows wife (2016)

Does the man have no loyalty?:p

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
The stock market was 'up after Biden announces Powell as pick for fed.' Then 30 minutes before closing the market was 'down after Biden announces Powell as pick for fed.'

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Waitress served party that tipped $4,400. It led to her getting fired...

I know things have changed, but I'm more traditional on this. Waitresses make minimum wage and go through the highs & lows. I don't like customer service, so by all means keep your tips. I make a higher hourly just like the cooks, dishwashers, prep etc. At one restaurant it was discussed and soon it's tip the cook, the bartender, the dishwasher. Why serve customers then? You're the one who has to deal with the BS.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Waitress served party that tipped $4,400. It led to her getting fired...

I know things have changed, but I'm more traditional on this. Waitresses make minimum wage and go through the highs & lows. I don't like customer service, so by all means keep your tips. I make a higher hourly just like the cooks, dishwashers, prep etc. At one restaurant it was discussed and soon it's tip the cook, the bartender, the dishwasher. Why serve customers then? You're the one who has to deal with the BS.
In some situations it makes sense where the bartender has small seating and the waitresses have lots of tables. Otherwise though not a big fan of it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis