D

Darrenmc

Audioholic Intern
So I decided to trade-in my Gallo's for the PMC FB1+'s, it was a very difficult decision but after some serious listening and comparing the 2, I just couldn't ignore the synergy of PMC's with the rest of my gear. The PMC's just seemed better suited for my musical tastes and gave me more than the Gallo's. They won't be in my system long though as I ordered a pair of FB1i's which are supposed to be a big improvement over the FB1+'s.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
So I decided to trade-in my Gallo's for the PMC FB1+'s, it was a very difficult decision but after some serious listening and comparing the 2, I just couldn't ignore the synergy of PMC's with the rest of my gear. The PMC's just seemed better suited for my musical tastes and gave me more than the Gallo's. They won't be in my system long though as I ordered a pair of FB1i's which are supposed to be a big improvement over the FB1+'s.
I have auditioned the Gallo's and I have to say I was really underwhelmed by them.

PMC do have ties to the BBC, it is another in a long list of fine British speaker companies founded by Ex BBC engineers. So your speakers have a fine pedigree.

Please keep us posted on your impressions of them.

B

bobs

Enthusiast
Some information and facts:

1. The mid range driver in the bigger models is not from ATC. It was in the past but PMC took the design, improved it, now they build it in house.

2. The best bang for the buck is the IB2i. You get almost the sound from the big monitors without the huge case. For more bass, get a sub woofer.

3. It's often claimed that a TL design is easy to engineer and compute (there are programs that give you details). I talked to PMC directly. The new FACT for example took two years of building, testing, listening. It's a combination of the housing, drivers, dampening etc.

I think PMC's are one of the best all-around speakers. However, the fun really starts with the big speakers. And these LOVE powerful amps.
I can listen to them for 8 hours without getting worn out.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis