Plug a (wireless?) sa-wct390 in a HT-CT390 setup with a cable possible ? i see a plug..

F

foruuser

Enthusiast
thanks for any info
i can purchase the sub on its own so i need to know if i can use a plug and plug it in (yes there is a plug on it)
or if it has to be linked wirelessly
have a link to the cable needed ? to plug in rca cable single to a passif amp
thanks in advance

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Doesn't appear that's an option with that sub to hardwire, looks to be wireless only. What is a passif amp?

F

foruuser

Enthusiast
my nad t472 is going to send the music to this amp without being amplified, then the sony will amplify the sound.
there's a plug on the back do you know if it carries sound ? I am looking for this cable, maybe a factory used connector ? help !

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't see that connection in the manual for the soundbar/sub system. Is that a connection on the soundbar? or the sub? Sub appears to be wireless only per the manual (but the manual could be lacking). That connection you pictured looks to be a USB connection, but it's a poor photo.

This is not a very good sub in any case, you can likely do better. Do you already have the sub and can post more/better pictures?

So you want to use the Nad receiver's sub pre-out to connect to a sub?

F

foruuser

Enthusiast
its not usb but a strange unidentified plug, sadly the buttons link are next to it so i guess that means its a wireless only
ya its a very secret plug hiden in the ventilation, everybody aims a the serial number and gets cut off on photos here's the secret door, i guess would be more encouraging if it looked like a RCA or something similar.

Just trying to find a local cheap sub for a family setup that doesnt care much about bass sounds in general,
and its a tutti frutti of elements being all different brands.
its cheap 20 euros and its available locally or going into the nature cause it lost its 2nd bar element.
Is there a good vintage cheap sub that blows out the doors? on the second hand market.
love this nad sound, not used to semi-upper sounding sound.

Attachments

F

foruuser

Enthusiast
the 290 is a black hole and the 390 has that (factory) plug

F

foruuser

Enthusiast
So you want to use the Nad receiver's sub pre-out to connect to a sub?

yes I think its the nads sender's sub rca

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
its not usb but a strange unidentified plug, sadly the buttons link are next to it so i guess that means its a wireless only
ya its a very secret plug hiden in the ventilation, everybody aims a the serial number and gets cut off on photos here's the secret door, i guess would be more encouraging if it looked like a RCA or something similar.

Just trying to find a local cheap sub for a family setup that doesnt care much about bass sounds in general,
and its a tutti frutti of elements being all different brands.
its cheap 20 euros and its available locally or going into the nature cause it lost its 2nd bar element.
Is there a good vintage cheap sub that blows out the doors? on the second hand market.
love this nad sound, not used to semi-upper sounding sound.
Not much of a better picture....and appears to be a slightly different model than you posted but looks to have the same possibilities by looking in the "290" manual as well as the 390 I originally looked at. What the connector is, or what it's for, I don't know if not mentioned in the manual.

20 euros for a good sub is unlikely. Maybe a wired sub from an HTIB might go for that little, tho.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
i can purchase the sub on its own...
This is not a subwoofer! Please be aware that anything claiming to be a subwoofer, but only using a 5" driver, is NOT a subwoofer. It is more accurately called a bass module. It won't give you anything close to what even a basic subwoofer is capable of delviering.

Keep in mind, and being realistic, that one of the really inexpensive subwoofers on Amazon is still about $70...

This would be about as entry level as I would consider, and it would be unlikely to find anything as good as this for much less than $50 or so on the used market, but you would need to keep searching carefully, and check here before you buy. Always test gear and make sure you can return it if it doesn't work.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis