Please READ before starting a new thread!

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Read this first: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

From the Audioholics Staff and Forum Moderators: We would like to thank all the audioholics members and guests for all the questions and answers posted in these forums. I am sure for most of us these forums are a great way to find answers to all kinds of questions.

As this website grows in popularity we have also seen a large growth in redundant posts. Or posts asking a very generalized question such as should I buy brand A or brand B. Or questions inquiring on what brand of speaker sounds good with brand B receiver. These are all valid questions and they deserve an answer. Sometimes the best answer for these types of questions can be found in an article on the front page. Or can be found using the search link above by typing your key words. If a review has not been done on your product chances are you will find a thread discussing your receiver or speakers. Once you find the thread that fits your topic feel free to post your question there.

Using the search feature or reading the articles on the main page with often solve your problem. It also makes it easier for other users to keep track of the threads they are interested in.

H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
Which to buy..please help (sacarsm to follow)

Some of the posts admittedly get just about as silly as what follows. Maybe new posters can use the following as an example of what to search for before posting a redundant thread.

I could really use some help

I'm looking for the best hamburger I can buy for under $2.00. I really like the Burger King Whopper and the McDonald's Big Mac but am hearing good things about the Wendy's single also. Can anyone help me determine what the best burger is? I'm kind of a newbie and need help being pointed in the right direction. I think that Big Mac is not grilled, so doesn't it keep that nice beefy, fatty appeal? Also, it comes with its own proprietary sauce, or is it just thousand island dressing? I like the idea that Whopper can be custom built, but I'm not much of DIY kinda guy, so maybe I can get some expertise in that area. I think the Wendy's Single has more of solid build to it, and it seems to come with the widest array of condiments in its stock configuration. Then of course I guess I should consider the quality of the the condiments that going into making these fine pieces of goodness. I mean if you don't use name brand condiments how good can the end result really be. I think that the Heinz vs. Hunt's arguments holds some weight. And what of the lettuce, is it plain vanilla iceburg, or do any of them use a finer quality leaf? Hellman's mayonaise seems to be a front runner, but maybe their is another brand that is capable of producing a better flavor. For my money I think right now the Whopper with its special 99 cents sale is the value leader, but maybe spending twice as much might be worth it for all the extra bells and whisltes you get with the other burgers on the menu. The hot Wheels cars in the value meals or the monopoly piece at certain times of the year during promotions are quite a nice feature. This is all so much to think about that it has become quite overwhelming. Any help would be greatly appeciated.

:D

P

pearljamfan

Enthusiast
Whoa!

If you took less than one hour to write that up, I will willingly proclaim you the man with the greatest sense of humor in these forums!!!

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
Do I get a color choice on the hot wheels car? Can I get fries with that? Will you supersize it please? :rolleyes:

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
Hopjohn that took some effort, and was magnificient!
Of all the things that I've lost, I miss MacDonalds the most.

Cheers :D

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
Holy Crap! We have a front page! Who knew? :eek:

Shiner........ well, actually Guinnessman tonight! I don't feel so good. :(

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
Shinerman, have you ever tried Chimay. A Belgian Ale, highly recommended. The Grand Reserve is to die for. :eek:

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
Mmmmmmmmm. Chimay, very nice. :cool: In very limited amounts for me though.

Shinerman,

P.S. Have you ever notice how often beer finds it's way into threads? :p

M

Mitchell Torres

Audioholic Intern
Tha was absolutely hilarious and Kudos to the author.

Being a "n00b" to the audio HT world, I am sure I have broken these posting rules, possible with my last post too. Sorry in advance if I did. Still laughing at the analogy.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
agreed

I know I'm a little late in getting to it, but I just have to proclaim the burger analogy apt (and damn funny).

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
man you forgot about the yeast strains used in the buns as well as the material the bun rested on as it was toasted...you know aluminum yields a more metallic taste compared to stainless, while carbon steel yeilds a criper, fuller texture!

Also cryogenically freezing the onions makes a notable difference as oppose to standard freezing, any thoughts?

...definately a good point on this thread...all large boards need to remind folks to "never start a new thread when you can post in an existing one" (imagine hearing that in the voice of Zuul from ghostbusters). Some of the boards I'm on I end up actually taking Hiatuses from over the 20,0000th front page post in a row about the same thing ("OMG OMG I want headphones, is [brandX that other 20 front page posts are about] any good?")....to sum it up shortly...posts like that make my inner child cry :(

T

Todd

Audiophyte
kick in a extra buck and go for tha dairy queen mushroom swiss,thier outstanding!

T

twotenjack

Enthusiast
Hey Boss, why don't you enable the good'ole "delete feature"?

N

navsu

Enthusiast
Hmmmm!

rgriffin25 said:
From the Audiohoics Staff and Forum Moderators: We would like to thank all the audioholics members and guests for all the questions and answers posted in these forums. I am sure for most of us these forums are a great way to find answers to all kinds of questions.

As this website grows in popularity we have also seen a large growth in redundant posts. Or posts asking a very generalized question such as should I buy brand A or brand B. Or questions inquiring on what brand of speaker sounds good with brand B receiver. These are all valid questions and they deserve an answer. Sometimes the best answer for these types of questions can be found in an article on the front page. Or can be found using the search link above by typing your key words. If a review has not been done on your product chances are you will find a thread discussing your receiver or speakers. Once you find the thread that fits your topic feel free to post your question there.

I spent quite a bit of time on this web site and even posted seveeral times trying to secure some practical experence on emotive'a products...other than the review on the DMC1/MPS1 nothing. Out of frustration I went to the av123 site. Probably posted in the wrong place but within 5 min Mark (da boss) answered my post from hong kong. Not only was he a very nice guy but he ansswered the questions I had. needless to say I will become a customer...;)

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
Hamburger vs Chicken. Who gets to the other side of the street first?

T

Tod

Audioholic
My problem (as some would see it) is that I'm a vegetarian. So I'm pretty much stuck with BK as they have the only mainstream fast food veggie burger. I can get a bun with lettuce, cheese, and tomato anywhere, but I want more. Does anyone know if any of the other brand lines will be putting out a similar product in the near future? I can't afford to buy the upscale brand sit-down restaurant gardenburgers as often as I'd like.

M

MTNbike

Audiophyte
Crispy

I am still laughing about the crispy fries...

Now should I buy balanced connectors for my new anthem d1 to connect my sunfire amp or keep using my old mid grade rca type. You guys are talking here so I might get a quick reply. My posts from a couple days ago are languishing.

And can I get soggy fries from in and out with that?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis