Please READ before starting a new thread!

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
So, I read all the comments. Which burger did you choose?:)

F

Freesum

Audiophyte
I'm attempting to post a question in this category but it keeps saying my content cannot be published because it's spam and to contact an administrator if it's not. I'm new here. Who's the admin? Also... It's not spam. It's a question. There's no links. IDK why it's being flagged. Please help.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm attempting to post a question in this category but it keeps saying my content cannot be published because it's spam and to contact an administrator if it's not. I'm new here. Who's the admin? Also... It's not spam. It's a question. There's no links. IDK why it's being flagged. Please help.
Don't know why that would be but try in the Beginners section and see what happens.

S

Sparkus

Junior Audioholic
Hoping for knowledgeable opinion

Of course I'm new to this forum and to better equipment. I'll keep it brief. Started trying to improve on a 20 year old Technics 5.1 system. After buying a Polk PSW108 sub and a Sony SS CS8 center, I decided it was time to just get new everything. So, got a new receiver, Onkyo TX RZ820 and a pair of RTi A7's, price was good and seemed like it'd be enough. From reading, figured I'd need to get an amp...so here I am.

While the sub, center and the ancient Yamaha NS a635a 3 way studio monitors I've always had as surround will get replaced...I'm wanting to try the amp first. So, checking the Emotiva XPA 2 GEN3 amp. Reads like I can add mods as I replace the rest of the system but still get better 2 channel music in the meantime.

So any opinions on how the Onkyo, RTi's and the Emotiva will work with each other? I mean, I'd hate to trial and error $1k.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Hoping for knowledgeable opinion

Of course I'm new to this forum and to better equipment. I'll keep it brief. Started trying to improve on a 20 year old Technics 5.1 system. After buying a Polk PSW108 sub and a Sony SS CS8 center, I decided it was time to just get new everything. So, got a new receiver, Onkyo TX RZ820 and a pair of RTi A7's, price was good and seemed like it'd be enough. From reading, figured I'd need to get an amp...so here I am.

While the sub, center and the ancient Yamaha NS a635a 3 way studio monitors I've always had as surround will get replaced...I'm wanting to try the amp first. So, checking the Emotiva XPA 2 GEN3 amp. Reads like I can add mods as I replace the rest of the system but still get better 2 channel music in the meantime.

So any opinions on how the Onkyo, RTi's and the Emotiva will work with each other? I mean, I'd hate to trial and error $1k.
Sparkus
I don't know if you read the how to post a new thread or not, but, the idea isn't to post a new thread "here".
The idea is to pick a thread category that applies to your situation/topic. It isn't a "rule" or putting your post somewhere else is a violation. Nope. Nothin like that. The idea of putting your question/comment in the right thread means people who are interested and can help you will see it.

You could choose either of several, but, the most likely is Gerneral AV questions. The Beginners Forum is pretty good too. The amp thread is much more specific to questions regarding performance and itty bitty details about amps. You could just copy your post and paste it in to a thread in General AV and people will be respondin' pretty quick.

Who knows? People could find your stuff here but you'll get a lot more traffic moving to another thread. I only saw this because I made a comment on this thread some time ago. Otherwise, I'd never have seen it

S

Sparkus

Junior Audioholic
Sparkus
I don't know if you read the how to post a new thread or not, but, the idea isn't to post a new thread "here".
The idea is to pick a thread category that applies to your situation/topic. It isn't a "rule" or putting your post somewhere else is a violation. Nope. Nothin like that. The idea of putting your question/comment in the right thread means people who are interested and can help you will see it.

You could choose either of several, but, the most likely is Gerneral AV questions. The Beginners Forum is pretty good too. The amp thread is much more specific to questions regarding performance and itty bitty details about amps. You could just copy your post and paste it in to a thread in General AV and people will be respondin' pretty quick.

Who knows? People could find your stuff here but you'll get a lot more traffic moving to another thread. I only saw this because I made a comment on this thread some time ago. Otherwise, I'd never have seen it

I appreciate the reply, been a long time since I've been on any forums :). I'll run with your advice...thank you, sir.

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
How can I start an old thread instead of a new one?

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Burgers, Schmurgers ... can someone enlighten me on how to unsubscribe/unwatch from a thread?

I swear that on the old site it was simple click box to unsubscribe/unwatch from a thread, on top of the actual thread page itself. I must be missing something.

Mr. Clueless here.

David696969

David696969

Enthusiast
Which to buy..please help (sacarsm to follow)

Some of the posts admittedly get just about as silly as what follows. Maybe new posters can use the following as an example of what to search for before posting a redundant thread.

I could really use some help

I'm looking for the best hamburger I can buy for under $2.00. I really like the Burger King Whopper and the McDonald's Big Mac but am hearing good things about the Wendy's single also. Can anyone help me determine what the best burger is? I'm kind of a newbie and need help being pointed in the right direction. I think that Big Mac is not grilled, so doesn't it keep that nice beefy, fatty appeal? Also, it comes with its own proprietary sauce, or is it just thousand island dressing? I like the idea that Whopper can be custom built, but I'm not much of DIY kinda guy, so maybe I can get some expertise in that area. I think the Wendy's Single has more of solid build to it, and it seems to come with the widest array of condiments in its stock configuration. Then of course I guess I should consider the quality of the the condiments that going into making these fine pieces of goodness. I mean if you don't use name brand condiments how good can the end result really be. I think that the Heinz vs. Hunt's arguments holds some weight. And what of the lettuce, is it plain vanilla iceburg, or do any of them use a finer quality leaf? Hellman's mayonaise seems to be a front runner, but maybe their is another brand that is capable of producing a better flavor. For my money I think right now the Whopper with its special 99 cents sale is the value leader, but maybe spending twice as much might be worth it for all the extra bells and whisltes you get with the other burgers on the menu. The hot Wheels cars in the value meals or the monopoly piece at certain times of the year during promotions are quite a nice feature. This is all so much to think about that it has become quite overwhelming. Any help would be greatly appeciated.

:D
Sick!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis