Please help me with my SR7500

T

TimS

Audiophyte
Picked it up yesterday. I hooked up 5 speaks and connected the DVD player. Threw in a movie without altering any of the factory presets. Audio was great. 7 speaks and a subwoofer lit up on the digital display. Well, I only have 5 speaks and no subwoofer. So, I go into set-up mode and set it up for no sub and no back surrounds...just the standard 5 speakers...with all the bass going to my mains. Guess what? Now I only get the two front speakers lit up on my digital display and when I go to Auto (Auto should automatically detect the signal from the source and give me the 5.1 w/ the bass going to the 2 fronts because of no sub) it only plays in Digital 2.0. No matter what I do...I cannot get the display to recognize more than the two front speakers and I cannot get the receiver to recognize or play the 5.1 signal. All I can get is the Surround or Neo modes. Speaker test runs sound in increments through all five speaks. THX optimizer (option on a DVD I was viewing) recognized the 5 speaks and stated that the movie would be played back in 5.1. Well, I'm still only getting 2.0. I'm frustrated and pissed off. I don't know if it is the internal circuitry or if I am missing something obvious. I have spent the last 3 hours trying to figure this out...but to no avail. Anyone familiar with this unit (or even a similar one)...please help. I really don't feel like making the 80 mile trip back to my nearest Marantz dealer.

T

TimS

Audiophyte
Strange. I just plugged the optical from the DVD player into a Dolby Digital Processor and then the processor into the Marantz out of curiousity. I could only get 2 Channel Pro-Logic out of the Processor. I have been using that processor for years and it has never failed to light up all 5 channels. What the heck?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis