Pixar Movies Go 3-D Next Year

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Walt Disney reported this week that all of its new Pixar's movies, starting with next year's Up, will be released in 3-D. The announcement was made by none other than Pixar's John Lassiter at a New York presentation of their upcoming films - which covered all the way through 2012. The lineup from Walt Disney Animation Studios also includes the November release of Bolt, the story of an actor dog who believes he has super powers; Rapunzel, a retelling of the fairy tale set for release for Christmas 2010; and the modern-day fantasy King of the Elves, set for release for Christmas 2012. These films will be released in both 3-D and two-dimensional formats.

Discuss "Pixar Movies Go 3-D Next Year" here. Read the article.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
What I want to know is are these one for home going to use the good process with the polarized glasses or the old process with the red and green lenses The old process STINKS and gives you a headache.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I just want them to release Finding Nemo, Toy Story 1 and 2, and The Incredibles on blu ray, I don't care about 3D animated movies, or any 3D movies for that matter.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Are these movies just for the theaters, or will you be able to take advantage of the 3D at home with some 3D glasses using your tv. And will it have to be HD for you to see 3D, or will it work with regular dvd?

They are talking about the theater. The new 3D TVs would have to either lose 1/2 resolution to pull it off, or they'd need to come from a PC (PS3?) source to provide 120Hz refresh rates.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis