Pioneer VSX-90 no sound

B

Baron

Audiophyte
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can hep me I have a pioneer VSX-90 and I am not getting any sound out when I am playing any of my settings DVD,CD,BD,TV Ext. but I am getting sound when I have it on the FM. In the up left corner of the display screen it shows that none of the speaker channels are turned on for instance front right front left center surround back, surround left or surround right. They should be high lighted the show that those speakers are on. I just don’t know how to turn them back on. I hardly used this and now it’s now working.

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd first try a soft reset (unplug the avr from power for a bit), and if that didn't clear the glitch then I'd do a full/system reset per your manual.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can hep me I have a pioneer VSX-90 and I am not getting any sound out when I am playing any of my settings DVD,CD,BD,TV Ext. but I am getting sound when I have it on the FM. In the up left corner of the display screen it shows that none of the speaker channels are turned on for instance front right front left center surround back, surround left or surround right. They should be high lighted the show that those speakers are on. I just don’t know how to turn them back on. I hardly used this and now it’s now working.
Look at page 90 and 91. It is a lousy online manual and I can't read it.

But that will tell you how to turn the speakers on.

See if you can hear the test tones through the speakers.

It is a 9 year old receiver. Have you had it since new?

B

Baron

Audiophyte
I'd first try a soft reset (unplug the avr from power for a bit), and if that didn't clear the glitch then I'd do a full/system reset per your manual.
I no longer have the manual for this. The only manual I have for it is in Spanish.Lol and yes, I bought it brand new in 2016. I have did a test tone test on it and it does work.

B

Baron

Audiophyte
I’ve done a full reset and unplugged this numerous times and I don’t have the manual for this anymore. I only have the Spanish manual.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
FM is internal and you say you get sound that way...so that means that something is preventing sound from any external device...Either a physical or software issue.
You don't have pre-out and pre-in that might not be connected.

If a full reset doesnt work...it needs service.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I’ve done a full reset and unplugged this numerous times and I don’t have the manual for this anymore. I only have the Spanish manual.
I looked at a pdf of the manual on the Pioneer site.....probably not a lot you can do if resets don't take care of it.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

What happens if you bring up the speaker menu and initialize each speaker you have? It should say small or large or something like that. Does it respond. If not that unit is a recycle job.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
How are the devices connected to the receiver? The channel lights in the upper left corner indicate the input channels of digital signals. Notice the pic shows an analog signal from the AM tuner and no digital channels are lit up. There are also the digital signal format indicators including DD, DTS and PCM. They also will not be lit up when playing analog signals.

B

Baron

Audiophyte
How are the devices connected to the receiver? The channel lights in the upper left corner indicate the input channels of digital signals. Notice the pic shows an analog signal from the AM tuner and no digital channels are lit up. There are also the digital signal format indicators including DD, DTS and PCM. They also will not be lit up when playing analog signals.
But I should have lest sound coming out when I am playing a movie right ?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Not if you have not assigned your inputs correctly. I have a feeling this unit is fine, and you have no clue how to set it up.

Get the OSD menu on your screen, then get your inputs and speakers correctly set up.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
Nobody can answer that question without knowing about ALL of the devices in the system and how each of them is connected to the receiver. The receiver defaults to certain ports for certain input sources. Make sure the cable used to connect a particular device is the appropriate cable for the corresponding input source default setting. If not so, the input source setting will need to be changed to the appropriate cable port.

IMG_5015.jpeg

IMG_5017.jpeg

IMG_5016.jpeg

B

Baron

Audiophyte
Not if you have not assigned your inputs correctly. I have a feeling this unit is fine, and you have no clue how to set it up.

Get the OSD menu on your screen, then get your inputs and speakers correctly set up.
You are right on I don’t know how to set it up. I had a it working before this happened I hit something and I lost sound to everything and now I don’t know how to undo what I did.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd think a full reset would still have things basically working as you get audio from the tuner. Going thru setup couldn't hurt, tho.

B

Baron

Audiophyte
I'd think a full reset would still have things basically working as you get audio from the tuner. Going thru setup couldn't hurt, tho.
When you say a full reset what do you mean? Holding the power button and the enter button at the same time?

B

Baron

Audiophyte
Nobody can answer that question without knowing about ALL of the devices in the system and how each of them is connected to the receiver. The receiver defaults to certain ports for certain input sources. Make sure the cable used to connect a particular device is the appropriate cable for the corresponding input source default setting. If not so, the input source setting will need to be changed to the appropriate cable port.

View attachment 68852
View attachment 68853
View attachment 68854
I’ll have to look more into the details in the pictures and check everything thing over ether tomorrow or some time thine week when I have time. I’ll let you know what I can figure out.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis