Pioneer VSX 522k - Need Help !!!

R

ravi172003

Enthusiast
Hello Friends ,

I hope you all people will help me tho... I have bought this pioneer VSX 522k before a year ! i totaly new this AVR thing ! even to be frank... before i have never heard about this in my circle... i had quick research in found these things and bought this AVR as a starter ! i have tried many still not understood !

1. Xover - What is does ?
2. for the Best what are the settings to be done ?
3. If any thing i missed please add those !

Regards
Ravichandran. T

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
1. A crossover divides frequencies. The point of it in a home theater receiver is to divide the frequencies between the main speakers and the subwoofer. This is done because most main speakers cannot produce really deep bass, and so one uses a subwoofer for those frequencies. If all of one's main speakers could produce prodigious amounts of really deep bass, there would be no need for a subwoofer.

2. The best setting depends on the equipment you have, and, to a lesser extent, upon your personal preferences. The crossover should be set above the -3dB point of the bass response of the main speakers, and below the upper limit of the subwoofer. In most cases, one only needs to pay attention to the limits of the main speakers on this, as one will not want to be using the upper limits of the subwoofer in most cases.

For example, my main speakers are rated 50-40kHz +/-3dB. This means that the bass is 3 dB down at 50 Hz, and so I have my crossover set above that. In fact, I have it set at 80 Hz. That gives a nice, comfortable buffer to avoid straining the main speakers, while keeping the frequency low enough not to be a problem (the problem with a very high setting is that one will be able to hear where the subwoofer is from sounds that should be coming from the main speakers).

If you want specific advice for your gear, list all of it and tell us how each thing is hooked up. Then someone will probably tell you that some of it is set wrong, or if not, you will get confirmation that you have it set up right.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis