Pioneer Elite VSX-LX302 to enable 3 subs

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I would try to upgrade the 10in sub to a larger sub or a pair of larger subs. HSU, Rythmik or SVS. I know that is expensive though. Do you have a budget if you go that route?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
i didn't really understand what you mean by 'Edited Out Rocketfish from your previous post'.

i still have the Rocketfish Transmitter/Receiver with me. From the Previous post, i understood that we wanted to take out the wireless transmitter out of equation and have physical wired connection for woofer.

In order to have a proper stereo subs, i purchased 'Y' connector with two pieces of AudioQuest sub cables assuming same make and model will transmit split signal at same rate. Yes, the 'Y' connection to tower sub always works. Ground Spade are just wrapped around the sub cable and secured using electric tape.
You changed post 14.

How about mixing one bass module and the prosub on the y? Different combos on preout1 vs 2? Running out of ideas for running down issues.... :)

V

VicFanInt

Enthusiast
I would try to upgrade the 10in sub to a larger sub or a pair of larger subs. HSU, Rythmik or SVS. I know that is expensive though. Do you have a budget if you go that route?
No budget for ugrade this year...may be in next two years.

V

VicFanInt

Enthusiast
You changed post 14.

How about mixing one bass module and the prosub on the y? Different combos on preout1 vs 2? Running out of ideas for running down issues.... :)
To the best of my knowledge, edit was made in post 12 by adding word 'receiver'. No edits in Post 14.

'Sunday morning, as i power on the system, the speakers gave 'static/low pitch sound' and receiver shut-off '.

Will try mixing sub with 'Y' connectors. i guess beyond mixing, we will be hitting rock-bottom.

Don't know if this has got anything to do with receiver.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
To the best of my knowledge, edit was made in post 12 by adding word 'receiver'. No edits in Post 14.

'Sunday morning, as i power on the system, the speakers gave 'static/low pitch sound' and receiver shut-off '.

Will try mixing sub with 'Y' connectors. i guess beyond mixing, we will be hitting rock-bottom.

Don't know if this has got anything to do with receiver.
Where did I get Rocketfish from? I don't see the edited notation either. Doesn't matter.

Could have to do with electrical properties from one of the subs, the connection, the avr....why you need to eliminate possibilities via trying various combos.

Have you tried either a soft reset or full reset of the avr?

V

VicFanInt

Enthusiast
Where did I get Rocketfish from? I don't see the edited notation either. Doesn't matter.

Could have to do with electrical properties from one of the subs, the connection, the avr....why you need to eliminate possibilities via trying various combos.

Have you tried either a soft reset or full reset of the avr?
Will try full reset of AVR along with mixing one bass module and the prosub on the 'Y' connector.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis