Pioneer AV to Pyle Amp

S

Sparky 2

Audiophyte
Hello, I'm new to the sites so forgive any stupidity... I have a new Pioneer VSX-LX105 receiver and added a Pyle amp to my new Bose speakers on the shelf, I can get sound out of the speakers through the FM part of the Amp but I can't get any sound out of the receiver to the speakers via the amp through the pre-outs on the receiver. Something in a setting on the receiver I can't find is the assumption!?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Your pio has only subwoofer pre-outs. Since you don't have other (L/R/C..etc) you likely had connected your amp incorrectly.
Unfortunately, there are no easy fixes for this.
Why would you buy new Bose speakers? Can you still return them?

S

Sparky 2

Audiophyte
No, the receiver has both pre-outs, sub and Zone 2 so that's not the problem. I've had Bose for over 20yrs and happen to like them.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Hello, I'm new to the sites so forgive any stupidity... I have a new Pioneer VSX-LX105 receiver and added a Pyle amp to my new Bose speakers on the shelf, I can get sound out of the speakers through the FM part of the Amp but I can't get any sound out of the receiver to the speakers via the amp through the pre-outs on the receiver. Something in a setting on the receiver I can't find is the assumption!?
The Pioneer does NOT have Front Pre Outs but, rather, a Zone B/Zone 2 Pre Out. You will need to make a few settings tweaks and be limited in the kinds of signals that can be output from the Zone B/Zone 2 Pre Out. What devices do you have connected to the Pioneer? What is the model number of the Pyle Amp? Bose speakers?

S

Sparky 2

Audiophyte
My Comcast box is connected via HDMI to the receiver and from receiver to TV. No other devices connected to the receiver besides the Pyle PDA77BU and Bose 301 speakers. I can get sound out of the speakers because the amp has built in FM so i think there's a setting or something in the receiver i'm not getting.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
My Comcast box is connected via HDMI to the receiver and from receiver to TV. No other devices connected to the receiver besides the Pyle PDA77BU and Bose 301 speakers. I can get sound out of the speakers because the amp has built in FM so i think there's a setting or something in the receiver i'm not getting.
Are you sure you have digital audio for zone 2? You probably have to run analog cables from the set top box along w/ HDMI.

S

Sparky 2

Audiophyte
The light bulb just went off...I think you are exactly right, if I recall that's how they did the inside of the house, i just need the different Comcast box with audio outputs! Thanks a million! I knew it was something minor just didn't hit me!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
That will work, BUT, there is another option without needing to add analog cables if you want to continue to use the integrated amp. Go into Setup> 2. Speaker > 1.Configuration >Zone 2 Line Out and switch it to Zone B. Exit setup.

Now, press the Quick Menu button on the remote controller. Scroll to Audio, press Enter and go to Zone B setting. It should be Off. Switch it to “On (B)” NOT “On (A + B)”. This will turn OFF the receiver’s amps and the incoming signal from externally connected devices should be output from the integrated amp. If not, check back.

S

Sparky 2

Audiophyte
That worked for the Bose speakers but now I don't have anything out of the subwoofer which is connected to the receiver, would the sub now need to plug into an output L/R on the amp? We're getting somewhere, thanks so much!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry, thought only two speakers were involved here. Select (A + B). The Zone 2 limitations should not apply to Zone B. But, if you still have issues, check back.

S

Sparky 2

Audiophyte
Nah, did that still nothing out of the sub and also I have the center speaker direct to the receiver. So the sub and the center speaker are direct to the receiver and no sound from them. I can switch the center to the amp no prob but where does the sub connect? Or do I need an additional setting change on the receiver?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Because the Pioneer does not have a proper Front pre out, the Zone 2/Zone B pre out will be a mess either way. Is there a really good reason why the front speakers are NOT connected directly to the Pioneer? It is perfectly capable of powering the Bose speakers and adding the integrated amp to power the Fronts is going to cause all sorts of problems here.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Just for more info, can you check the speaker configuration in Setup and see if it matches the speakers in use. Are speakers set to Full Band with NO subwoofer or Small with Subwoofer YES?

S

Sparky 2

Audiophyte
I guess i expected more out of the speakers, i had about the same Bose speakers on my last receiver and they seemed to sound awesome, these are the same only newer and extremely disappointing so i thought the receiver was underpowering. Taking bad advice from best buy i guess... I have the sub working now, thanks alot for your help today!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Now I'm curious about all of your speakers. Model numbers of each?

S

Sparky 2

Audiophyte
Actually after you got this figured out for me I spent the rest of the evening toying around with various sound settings on the amp and now it's really solid!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No, the receiver has both pre-outs, sub and Zone 2 so that's not the problem. I've had Bose for over 20yrs and happen to like them.
So you plan on running main zone and zone 2 simultaneously? I've had Bose before, some of the more disappointing speakers out there....

M

mehdisoroosh

Audiophyte
It seems like the issue might be due to settings or connections related to the pre-outs. First, ensure that the cables from the pre-out ports on the receiver are correctly connected to the inputs on your Pyle amp. Then, check the audio settings on the Pioneer receiver to make sure the pre-outs are activated. Look for options like "Pre-Out" or "Audio Output Settings" in the audio setup menu, and adjust accordingly to enable output to the amplifier. If these steps don’t resolve the issue, consider consulting the user manual for specific instructions or contact Pioneer's customer support for further assistance.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis