Pioneer AJ5235XT vs Taga Harmony 606 SE vs Polk T Series

A

Atul

Enthusiast
Please suggest the best 5.1 Home Theater speaker from following 3 options that will be compatible with Yamaha HTR-3067 receiver.

1. Pioneer AJ5235XT 5.1
2. Taga Harmony 606 SE 5.1
3. Polk T Series T50 Home Theater and Music Floor Standing Tower Speakers 5.0 [Any recommended sub-woofer for this option?]

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Are your choices limited by budget or availability? Where are you located? None of those bundles look very good, particularly the included subs.

A

Atul

Enthusiast
Yes. I can spend maximum Rs.50,000/-. I stay in India. If above options are not good then can you suggest any good option?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have no idea what's available in India, sorry. Have you checked audio forums based there?

A

Atul

Enthusiast
I already gone through lots of forum and visited nearby shops and finalised the above three. So, now I am searching for best option from above three.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What do you use the system for particularly? Movies? Music? What are you using now, the speaker set that came with the 3067?

ps Have you been able to audition each set? Which did you prefer?

Last edited:
rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Not familiar with Taga, and Polk's lower end stuff is not very. But Andrew Jones is well-reputed for squeezing out pretty good sound quality for little money. I vote for the Pioneer system. Easy choice.

A

Atul

Enthusiast
Thanks Rojo for ur reply.
@lovinthehd - I am going to use it for both Movie and Music. Currently, I have Creative 7.1 computer speaker. I just bought new Yamaha receiver to build new Home theatre system and currently we are not using it.
Also, I had done audition only for Taga Harmony Front Tower and it was pretty good. But, review wise my preference is Pioneer Andrew Jones one.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks Rojo for ur reply.
@lovinthehd - I am going to use it for both Movie and Music. Currently, I have Creative 7.1 computer speaker. I just bought new Yamaha receiver to build new Home theatre system and currently we are not using it.
Also, I had done audition only for Taga Harmony Front Tower and it was pretty good. But, review wise my preference is Pioneer Andrew Jones one.
If you loved the Taga, get the Taga. If you weren't amazed at how lovely they sounded, then get the Pioneers. :) The Taga look really nice, but I'm unable to find any measurements for them or objective reviews. The few reviews I've read seem to be purely based on opinion, and aren't terribly useful.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I heard about name Taga mentioned here before, but honestly - a Polish brand with Chinese manufacturing is going to be rare here stateside by definition.
From youtube videos - visually only - Tage materials and construction look well above the rest. Also Taga sub is 12" vented sub with 200w amp. Unlike pitiful boombox (I don't want to call it a sub) Pioneer's adds to otherwise very solid set of speakers.

Ofcourse these not are facts that you're looking for , but at least we all agree that Polk should be eliminated from your short list.

A

Atul

Enthusiast
If you loved the Taga, get the Taga. If you weren't amazed at how lovely they sounded, then get the Pioneers. :) The Taga look really nice, but I'm unable to find any measurements for them or objective reviews. The few reviews I've read seem to be purely based on opinion, and aren't terribly useful.
Yes ... even I was unable to find any reviews about Taga. Also, I heard only front 2 tower speakers so I am not sure about other speakers. So, I was trying to go review wise

A

Atul

Enthusiast
I heard about name Taga mentioned here before, but honestly - a Polish brand with Chinese manufacturing is going to be rare here stateside by definition.
From youtube videos - visually only - Tage materials and construction look well above the rest. Also Taga sub is 12" vented sub with 200w amp. Unlike pitiful boombox (I don't want to call it a sub) Pioneer's adds to otherwise very solid set of speakers.

Ofcourse these not are facts that you're looking for , but at least we all agree that Polk should be eliminated from your short list.
Okay thanks. I will eliminate Polk from my list.

S

Sathyan

Audiophyte
I recommend to go with Taga 606 SE with TSW-120 (sub) which is the best match on your budget (30,000Rs + 20,000Rs) and perfect for Music/Movies at an intermediate level.

But i am not sure about Yamaha receiver. The best match (experienced) is Denon AVR-1200 or 2200. (48,000/63,000).

With 1L budget this is going to be the rocking partner.

S

Sathyan

Audiophyte
In addition, AJ5235XT reflects more base effect and i personally feel pain hearing music for long time (>1 hr)

A

aditya randev

Audiophyte
Please suggest the best 5.1 Home Theater speaker from following 3 options that will be compatible with Yamaha HTR-3067 receiver.

1. Pioneer AJ5235XT 5.1
2. Taga Harmony 606 SE 5.1
3. Polk T Series T50 Home Theater and Music Floor Standing Tower Speakers 5.0 [Any recommended sub-woofer for this option?]
Hi - Which one did you end up buying (if you dont mind me asking)? I am looking between Pioneer AJ5235XT 5.1 and Taga Harmony 606 SE 5.1. Any review would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis